Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's like God or War Lite , bloody web puzzles are doing my head in , and the lack of checkpoints mid levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's like God or War Lite , bloody web puzzles are doing my head in , and the lack of checkpoints mid levels

The lack of save points made me delete the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

MLB 19 the Show and The Last of Us Remastered are October’s games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I always wanted to try the Show but don't know enough about baseball to buy it. Definitely trying this and making a Kenny Powers pitcher!

I just bought TLOU last month to give another playthrough before 2 comes out, not even mad. I bought it for 12 and cex offering 9 for it. It's multiplayer is brilliant so hopefully this gets people playing that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why did they have to force people outside the US to get a damn baseball game?

Could we get a choice maybe? Like PES 2019? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Absolutely delighted with MLB The Show. I can finally replace my 2016 version. This will keep me going over the winter if only to right the wrong of the Cubs' implosion over the past week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Why did they have to force people outside the US to get a damn baseball game?

Could we get a choice maybe? Like PES 2019? :D

I know, it's just not cricket

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I always wanted to try the Show but don't know enough about baseball to buy it. Definitely trying this and making a Kenny Powers pitcher!

I just bought TLOU last month to give another playthrough before 2 comes out, not even mad. I bought it for 12 and cex offering 9 for it. It's multiplayer is brilliant so hopefully this gets people playing that again.

Aww man! It's been so long since I completed it and I didn't even know it had a multiplayer!!!!

Will download it again tonight so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

sweetie wrote: »
    I know, it's just not cricket

I know I shouldn't give out about certain sports as people can like whatever the hell they want and I'll come across as a whinger!
    But Baseball and Cricket just bore the arse off me and I've never found a fun version of it in game form either! :D

I seem to remember a 3v3 baseball game a few years back, arcade style, that was fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would say that they're the US games of the months, I would say (given the lack of appeal for Baseball over here, as well as the licensing) that it would be swapped out with something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

duploelabs wrote: »
    I would say that they're the US games of the months, I would say (given the lack of appeal for Baseball over here, as well as the licensing) that it would be swapped out with something
    They were the same games announced on the Europe PlayStation Blog

Aww man! It's been so long since I completed it and I didn't even know it had a multiplayer!!!!

Will download it again tonight so.

On the surface, the multiplayer looks like generic shoot em up but it's so ****ing good, really tense survival elements with skill involved. I tried playing it again last month to get the last 2 trophies, both for multiplayer, but the people playing are way too good. We used to have class online games with boardsies grouping up and chatting. Much easier and more fun, would be great to see that back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hah! My impeccable patience has finally paid off. Wanted to play TLOU on this gen as I only played it on the 3, but I always thought it would go free at some stage. Turf!

Literally no interest in MLB, so wont even add it to my library I'd say!

Hah! My impeccable patience has finally paid off. Wanted to play TLOU on this gen as I only played it on the 3, butni always thought it would go free at some stage. Turf!

Literally no interest in MLB, so wont even add it to my library I'd say!

The difference from PS3 to PS4 is unreal. The 60fps makes such a difference, game feels a lot smoother, looks better and includes the brilliant Left Behind DLC if you never played that, definitely give it a whirl before starting your next playthrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Both games available as Plus games on the store now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Delighted to get TLOU - I think it's my favourite game of all time.

Really looking forward to the MLB game. Don't follow baseball at all, but used to play Rounders as a kid and even won an all-Ireland medal for it - it was literally the only sport I was ever good at :D So I'm curious if nothing else to see what it plays like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shiminay wrote: »

Really looking forward to the MLB game. Don't follow baseball at all, but used to play Rounders as a kid and even won an all-Ireland medal for it - it was literally the only sport I was ever good at :D So I'm curious if nothing else to see what it plays like :)

I remember playing mlb the show on the ps3 and I adored it. Sunk hours and days into career mode. Absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

branners69 wrote: »
    Would make you wonder why there are no 365 day offers for Ireland when you see most other countries have the offer??

Press Start have the 365 day sub back for €42.99.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1785-buy-key-playstation-playstation-plus-365-days-subscription-ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just got a mail saying mine was due for renewal next month, so this is good timing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero interest or knowledge about baseball but cracking a ball with a bat might be satisfying. Will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

You like it so much you dont own it..i jest i jest i only played a bit of it when it came out so gonna get stuck in this weekend. Does anyone no if that left behind is included in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You like it so much you dont own it..i jest i jest i only played a bit of it when it came out so gonna get stuck in this weekend. Does anyone no if that left behind is included in this?

It is included.

I do, on the PS3 :) I got a PS3 just for that game. I got my PS4 just for TLOU2, RDR2 (disappointment) and Spiderman (fantastic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J. Marston wrote: »
    Zero interest or knowledge about baseball but cracking a ball with a bat might be satisfying. Will give it a go.

I hope you can batter the opposition by taking a bat to them. Hitting people instead of a ball.

Related to this, i will be making a Kenny Powers pitcher. Much more interested in the batting side but can't give up the KP caf opportunity.

I'm almost certain to do the same thing myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Quick question. If you own a game on disc and then get it on PSPlus, how do you go about it if you want to get rid of the physical copy but keep playing the free version you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jacovs wrote: »
    Quick question. If you own a game on disc and then get it on PSPlus, how do you go about it if you want to get rid of the physical copy but keep playing the free version you got?

Just download the free version and trade the disk in to CEX or Gamestop. Your save and any downloaded/purchased DLC carries over between the disk version and the PS+ version. Nothing changes other than the game is on your console rather than on the disk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jacovs wrote: »

You will also need to delete the disc version and install the digital version, an absolutely stupid system that Sony implemented for some reason.

Advertisement