Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Thanks both. Now to decide if I want €9 cash or €12 store credit in CEX...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You will also need to delete the disc version and install the digital version, an absolutely stupid system that Sony implemented for some reason.

Are you fúcking serious?
    What shower of head bangers work in that company at all?? :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The ones who were left over after Nintendo did a hiring splurge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are you fúcking serious?
    What shower of head bangers work in that company at all?? :mad:

Yeah, don't know why this is. On Xbox when you get a game digitally after having it on disc it just loads.

You can see if you have the disc version installed in the library,there will be a disc icon shown on the game tile

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You will also need to delete the disc version and install the digital version, an absolutely stupid system that Sony implemented for some reason.

Yeah, thought when i couldn't download tlou, i thought excellent. Ejected the disk to sell it, couldn't start the game but couldn't download until i deleted the game data from the disk. Annoying but got 9 euro out of it.

• Advertisement

**** it! Saves went screwey and it's after putting me back 2 chapters in my playthrough, well that's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** it! Saves went screwey and it's after putting me back 2 chapters in my playthrough, well that's annoying.

Unlucky dude! :(

Also, surely the game data is identical and just the launch file or executable needs to be changed.
    It's a total waste of time and bandwidth too :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Unlucky dude! :(

Also, surely the game data is identical and just the launch file or executable needs to be changed.
    It's a total waste of time and bandwidth too :pac:

Yeah, didn't make any sense as the game autosaves every encounter. Was able to speed run it back.

Revived the old tlou thread in having general of people interested in playing/chatting again.

https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056482176

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

branners69 wrote: »

Would press-start be legit enough to use with just a debit card instead of PayPal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would press-start be legit enough to use with just a debit card instead of PayPal?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, didn't make any sense as the game autosaves every encounter. Was able to speed run it back.

Revived the old tlou thread in having general of people interested in playing/chatting again.

https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056482176

There's the infinite shiv glitch if you want to save some scavenging time :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/2ehops/unlimited_shiv_glitch_and_grounded_mode_glitch/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Used press start for years, never any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

100% I have spent over €500 in the past 6 months alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I use revolut on press start, just to add a degree of separation. You could use any of those main cc company back top up cards too.

So I ended up buying a 1 year PS+ sub for my brother (he lives in Korea and it's a hassle for him to do it from there).. but it turns out he has a UK account for some reason, not an Irish one XD.
    I'm guessing Press-Start don't accept refunds for codes?

So I ended up buying a 1 year PS+ sub for my brother (he lives in Korea and it's a hassle for him to do it from there).. but it turns out he has a UK account for some reason, not an Irish one XD.
    I'm guessing Press-Start don't accept refunds for codes?

Keep it for yourself or sell it on Adverts.

Keep it for yourself or sell it on Adverts.

I'm already subbed on another region account, but yeah I guess Adverts or Donedeals might be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm already subbed on another region account, but yeah I guess Adverts or Donedeals might be doable.

Even offer it here, boardsies are usually sound and unlikely to shaft you...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

dulpit wrote: »
    Even offer it here, boardsies are usually sound and unlikely to shaft you...

I'll give ya 50 Zimbabwean Dollars for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Morpork wrote: »
    I'll give ya 50 Zimbabwean Dollars for it!

Ignore this cheapskate, I'll give you 4,181.20 Angolan Kwanza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Varik wrote: »
    I use revolut on press start, just to add a degree of separation. You could use any of those main cc company back top up cards too.

So mentioning the legitness of Press-start.co, or it might be revolut or a bit of a f up with Press start.

They have ****ed me a bit now with my revolut account which I managed to sort there but it's such a pain using an phone to talk to chat support and I couldn't use the Euro account until I'd it sorted or if I'd paid more into account.

Bought 2 €20 off them but they've put in 3 pending charges and completed the 2. Whatever reason they never completed the first transaction, just sat there pending and then they put through a new traction days later and the pending one stayed there. This overdrew the account, pending traction are meant to revert after 7-15 days dependant on the type if not claimed. It's been 10 days so whatever flags they've got it set under it was going to run the full 15 days, only noticed as I got messages about revult saying I'd X days to sort it as I was overdrawn.

Support on Revolut sorted it and cancelled the hold on the pending charge. Not really put me off either company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any deals about for a month sub or is it €9 everywhere?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

press-start code did not work for me. Anyone had this before with them?

• Weepsie wrote: »
    press-start code did not work for me. Anyone had this before with them?

I only got 12 months there last week. Had no issues. I think they have a support chat, I would try there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I only got 12 months there last week. Had no issues. I think they have a support chat, I would try there

Can't find a chat, but shot them a support ticket and a facebook message so hopefully a quick resolution

They reissued a code and it worked a charm. Saved myself before the autorenewal kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Can I use a UK 12 month sub on an Irish account? Vidaplayer have it for €44.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Nope, won't work.

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Won't work. Press start sells Irish subs for €49.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm getting my first PS4 on Friday, I'm just wondering where is the best value to buy a ps plus sub

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Press-start.com

Advertisement