Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭One More Toy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Press-start.com

Can't see the option for a 12m sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Can't see the option for a 12m sub?

They call it 365 days rather than 12 months, I can see they are still in stock so I'd recommend you try to get one before they sell out (they will get them back again but can be a lengthy wait). Make sure you get one for the right region (eg. Ireland).

JimBurnley wrote: »
    They call it 365 days rather than 12 months, I can see they are still in stock so I'd recommend you try to get one before they sell out (they will get them back again but can be a lengthy wait). Make sure you get one for the right region (eg. Ireland).

Thanks ordered in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

When I choose a 12 month pass it tells me to input my mobile number to receive a four digit code. The phone call never comes. Anyone experience this before?

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    When I choose a 12 month pass it tells me to input my mobile number to receive a four digit code. The phone call never comes. Anyone experience this before?

Is this on psn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is this on psn?

Press start. You need to put in your phone number with the international code iirc.

Press start. You need to put in your phone number with the international code iirc.

Didn't get that when I bought a sub the last day... Weird

I got a code to confirm transaction sent by text from my bank (PTSB) when I used press-start - 6 digits tho not 4

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I got a code to confirm transaction sent by text from my bank (PTSB) when I used press-start - 6 digits tho not 4

Ah I see - it's the bank authorisation protection code. OP might be a good idea to ring your bank and see if the number is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

When are next month's games announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

duploelabs wrote: »
    When are next month's games announced?

Tomorrow 16:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Great deal for UK folk. £24.99 for 12 months for new accounts or renewing an expired account. No such deal for us in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Great deal for UK folk. £24.99 for 12 months for new accounts or renewing an expired account. No such deal for us in Ireland.
    Just decided to get PS Plus and was shopping around, delighted when I saw this. So frustrating it won't work here! I suppose €50 is still the best deal going?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just decided to get PS Plus and was shopping around, delighted when I saw this. So frustrating it won't work here! I suppose €50 is still the best deal going?

For a euro less, it's €49 on press-start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A quick update on PS+.
    Sony will be giving the half price offer to certain people.

From Sony.

The 50% off PS Plus deal will include Ireland.

Eligibility :

All of the following:

*must not have an active PlayStation®Plus membership or trial at the time when the Applicable Product is purchased.
    *must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent.
    *must be a resident of one of the Entrant Countries.
    *must :
    a. have received an email from the Promoter informing them of the Offer and including a link to the Applicable Product (the “Offer Email”). Note: only users selected by the Promoter and who have opted in to receive promotional/marketing communications from the Promoter will be eligible); and/or
    b. be pre-selected by the Promoter and have the Applicable Product available to purchase on the Applicable Store without using the email link.

Steps to be taken :

Eligible Persons must during the Promotional Period:

a. for those Eligible Persons receiving the Offer Email: follow the link in the Offer Email to the Applicable Product on an Applicable Store;
    b. sign into PSN; and
    c. purchase the Applicable Product on the Applicable Store.

So whoever gets a promotional email and doesn't have an active PS+ account will get the half price deal. Not as good as the UK offer but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Announcement seems delayed, can only find rumours of Nioh and Outlast 2. I'd be very happy with both if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Announcement seems delayed, can only find rumours of Nioh and Outlast 2. I'd be very happy with both if true.

Confirmed now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is Nioh like Dark Souls?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shiminay wrote: »
    Is Nioh like Dark Souls?

It's of that type, not as good, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's of that type, not as good, imo.

More like Sekiro, and it's very good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

many a time I almost pulled the trigger on Nioh. I have denied myself the pleasure of the game for many years and in the process saved myself €14.99. Somehow I thought I would feel a bit more smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Oh yeah big month, both from the wanted list.

Nioh been on my watchlist a while so happy with that. Don't know much about Outlast 2, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Is Nioh like Dark Souls?

Similar but Nioh is far superior. Excellent game.

Thanks folks, I hate those sorts of games mostly cause I'm really bad at them and I'm not too interested in "git gud" cause I'd rather enjoy my gaming time rather than be frustrated :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually found NiOh a lot easier than any of the Souls games. One or two difficulty spikes near the start, but there are a few spells you get early on that make you nigh-on unstoppable against most enemies without losing the oomph of combat. I don’t know if any of it has been nerfed since I played at launch, but there are definitely far more helping hands than your typical Souls game.

Overall, it falls far short of Souls in terms of atmosphere, world-building and art design... but it’s a cool, stylish and engaging action game in its own right, let down a little by repetition of basic and mid-boss enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Don't really like the look of either of them - oh well, there's always next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Thanks folks, I hate those sorts of games mostly cause I'm really bad at them and I'm not too interested in "git gud" cause I'd rather enjoy my gaming time rather than be frustrated :D

Sure you can always give it a go, and then stop playing it, and watch the trophy list for the game sit there, uncompleted, accusingly, just sitting there, unfinished... :pac:

I'm the same, never had an interest in a souls game, but i'll give this a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sure you can always give it a go, and then stop playing it, and watch the trophy list for the game sit there, uncompleted, accusingly, just sitting there, unfinished... :pac:

And then you can use the Hide feature on it and never have to look at it again! Must do that to a few games I've 'played'.

Was always interested in Nioh, but the Souls references put me off it. Glad I'll get to try it out. Outlast wouldn't be my cuppa either. Hopefully Decembers games will be great!

• Advertisement

I'm the same, never had an interest in a souls game, but i'll give this a shot.
    I don't understand why people care about these things - I definitely don't :D It's just nonsense busy work to keep people playing a game well past it's sell-by date. I feel the same about Steam Achievements. These things only really exist to let the developer learn what parts of the game people enjoyed and how far they got into it.

Advertisement