Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Poor month for me , got titantfall 2 for something like a 5er in a sale before and the bike game is absolutely awful

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Titanfall is good but as was said it's value is less than a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've unlocked €69 worth of games... Have I? Titanfall 2 is great, but I can't imagine there are many out there who haven't played it already. And usually anything with a Sponsor added is pants, so when a game starts with the Sponser name, it's never going to be good imo. That Monster game looks cack.

Poor month, but as others have noted, it will give me time to catch up on other games. I ended up getting Kindgdom Hearts 3 game collection for €20, 1.5, 2.5 & 2.8, so plenty to be playing! But as noted above, would be nice if they did something extra special for Decembers games, but iirc they've been pretty meh every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I've unlocked €69 worth of games... Have I? Titanfall 2 is great, but I can't imagine there are many out there who haven't played it already. And usually anything with a Sponsor added is pants, so when a game starts with the Sponser name, it's never going to be good imo. That Monster game looks cack.

Poor month, but as others have noted, it will give me time to catch up on other games. I ended up getting Kindgdom Hearts 3 game collection for €20, 1.5, 2.5 & 2.8, so plenty to be playing! But as noted above, would be nice if they did something extra special for Decembers games, but iirc they've been pretty meh every year.

Got that email as well - TF2 is currently 20e on the store and Monster Energy Supercross is.....49.99 :eek: Who the **** is going to pay 49.99 for that???!

Wonder what other games worth 50e could have been included if they had bothered their holes looking....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nioh's starting to get under my skin. I absolutely loved Bloodborne and don't know why as it's not typically a genre I enjoy. Fought the first boss on this last week and decided it was unplausible but stuck at it.
    There was a moment when after fighting it for ten minutes I realized I was getting the hang of it and then he belly flopped on top of me but I got there in the end.
    Even more so than Bloodborne I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

496891.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Varik wrote: »
    496891.jpg

Yeeeeah I might stick to the co-op :).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is Titanfall 2 one of those games with Mouse & keyboard support on the PS4? Would be the only way I'd be tempted to download it and play it again. You can't play FPS games with a controller.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shiminay wrote: »
    Is Titanfall 2 one of those games with Mouse & keyboard support on the PS4? Would be the only way I'd be tempted to download it and play it again. You can't play FPS games with a controller.

If you're like me and have absolutely zero interest in online multiplayer then a controller is fine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Strongly disagree :) The frustration of my being unable to hit a barn door at 500 metres with thumb aiming makes any attempts at FPSing on a console very frustrating - especially something like Titanfall which needs some pretty precision work for making all the convoluted wall jumps as well as blapping bad guys in the head :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hey folks, been out of the PS loop since selling my PS4 a year ago or so. Decided to get one again but have a couple of questions about PS+:

- If I re-subscribe do I get access to all the games I had when previously subscribed or do I start from zero again?
    - Does a UK subscription work on an IE account? Was going to see if CDKeys had any deals.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey folks, been out of the PS loop since selling my PS4 a year ago or so. Decided to get one again but have a couple of questions about PS+:

- If I re-subscribe do I get access to all the games I had when previously subscribed or do I start from zero again?
    - Does a UK subscription work on an IE account? Was going to see if CDKeys had any deals.

Cheers.

UK subscription will not work on IE account. You would have to set up a new UK account to take advantage of UK Psplus but you would lose all the psplus games you had when you had psplus on your Irish account. Check out instant gaming for good deal on Irish Psplus. If you resub to Irish PSN you will gain access to previous free games that you had bought when they were free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

UK subscription will not work on IE account. You would have to set up a new UK account to take advantage of UK Psplus but you would lose all the psplus games you had when you had psplus on your Irish account. Check out instant gaming for good deal on Irish Psplus. If you resub to Irish PSN you will gain access to previous free games that you had bought when they were free.

Ok cool thanks. Will defo stick with the Irish version so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Im lovin Titanfall 2 at the moment, i only got a ps4 pro 2 months ago, so PS Plus is great for catching up with old games, actually bought it for 5 euro last month. I'm no great gamer but find the difficulty just right.
    The world is amazing, its like playing Avatar. Never bother with online cos im rubbish

got a whole list of old games to work through, doom (PS4 remake), sniper elite 3, MGS etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Im lovin Titanfall 2 at the moment, i only got a ps4 pro 2 months ago, so PS Plus is great for catching up with old games, actually bought it for 5 euro last month. I'm no great gamer but find the difficulty just right.
    The world is amazing, its like playing Avatar. Never bother with online cos im rubbish

got a whole list of old games to work through, doom (PS4 remake), sniper elite 3, MGS etc etc

I started online fpss with Resistance 2. Played a few CODS and Batltefields. I started off horrible but over they years with plenty of practice I've become worse than average. Online FPS is both the most rewarding and frustrating part of gaming for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Played the campaign for Titanfall, thought it was decent, short but that's to be expected for most FPS games these days.

Played online PvP, didn't do great, played the frontier defense and I'm loving that! Need to upgrade the titan though to take more damage now...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not that I'm expecting much, but when do you think January's games will be announced since Wednesday is a holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not that I'm expecting much, but when do you think January's games will be announced since Wednesday is a holiday?

I'd say they'll still be announced Wednesday, hopefully. Saw this list on reddit for ps plus games in 2019. Actually some good games in there. Looking back, i thought it was a **** year but i think it was because i already owned the good games, not much can be done about that.

My prediction for January is Final Fantasy XV.

January: Steep and Portal knights (ps4), Zone of the enders and Amplitude (ps3), Fallen legions: flames of rebellion and Super mutant alien assault (Vita)

February: For honor and Hitman (ps4), Divekick and Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots (ps3) Gunhouse and Rogue aces (Vita)

March: Call of duty modern warfare remastered and The witness

April: Conan exiles and The surge

May: What remains of Edith Finch and Overcoked

June: Sonic mania and Borderlands: the handsome collection

July: Detroit become human and Horizon chase turbo

August: Wipeout omega collection and Sniper elite 4

September: Batman arkham knight and Darksiders 3

October: The last of us remastered and MLB the show 2019

November: Nioh and Outlast 2

December: Titanfall 2 and Monster energy supercross

Also gonna predict a snakey FF VII remake demo for people with ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,406 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EGTTR is a fantastic experience , just don't think of it as a game , think of it as an interactive story and you'll be grand .

You'll need a bit of patience bit its well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also gonna predict a snakey FF VII remake demo for people with ps plus.

That's the dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »

May: What remains of Edith Finch and Overcoked

A game about Hollywood in the 70s and 80s

This month's games were leaked in Germany, they are uncharted : the Nathan Drake collection and goat simulator

This month's games were leaked in Germany, they are uncharted : the Nathan Drake collection and goat simulator

This is for all the people who complained about the ps3 games going away. Happy New Year everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Would be happy if it is Nathan Drake collection. Considered it a few times but never pulled the trigger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This is now confirmed.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/01/01/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-and-goat-simulator-are-your-ps-plus-games-for-january/

Yeah and the email says we save 28 euro which isn't great compared to previous months

Yeah and the email says we save 28 euro which isn't great compared to previous months

On one hand it's 4 games. On the other, the uncharteds are 13 - 9 years old and goat game is 5 years old. Will be nice for people to play some Uncharted classics but i can't see me touching those again. Played the demo a few months back and felt like they didn't age well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Disappointed by uncharted, I'd say a lot have that myself included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just wondering does this deal apply to accounts for us in Ireland?
    https://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-plus-deals

It mentions its Italian is there anyway around this ?

Actually i seen this one as well
    https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-uk?mw_aref=games16&data1=trd-2148174658581215438

Advertisement