Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I never finished it. Looking at the trophy list I barely played it, only 3 trophies unlocked!

I looked a bit further, and Killzone is not my first game! Apparantly, Need for Speed Rivals is my oldest PS4 trophy from Jan 2014 (and the only one from that game). Strange one, but can't find an older trophy using the PS website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

With backwards compatibility being a thing on PS5 i wouldnt be to surprised to get PS4 games.

Be interesting to see how plus will change with backwards compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »
    With backwards compatibility being a thing on PS5 i wouldnt be to surprised to get PS4 games.

Be interesting to see how plus will change with backwards compatibility.

If you can use your existing online purchases to download and play with your saves then it sold to me already. If it requires additional purchases to make those compatible then I can’t see the attraction.

If the PS5 pushes the graphics boundaries as the PS4 did vs the PS3 then I couldn’t see myself paying for PS4 titles on the PS5.

Also price is everything. There was a jump in price in PS4 titles vs PS3 almost immediately. €60 to €70 is at the very edge of what I will pay. If PS5 jumps to €100 per title then I’m out before it begins.

I should probably stop playing PS at my age but it’s my escape from reality for a few hours so it’s also my addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Damien360 wrote: »
    I should probably stop playing PS at my age

Absolutely not. Gaming has been shown to be cathartic and a stress relief.

Keep gaming and never feel bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Surely they'll keep giving 2 PS4 games for the next ~5 years, along with 1/2 PS5 games?

It was only last March they stopped giving PS3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Brozy wrote: »
    Surely they'll keep giving 2 PS4 games for the next ~5 years, along with 1/2 PS5 games?

It was only last March they stopped giving PS3 games.

Depends as well on how separate the 2 system are, while there'll be PS5 exclusive games a lot could be cross platform and I hope it's a single purchase.

Considering how well the PS4 sold and how similar it and the PS5 are, there could be a lot longer support for it especially on mid tier sized games and indie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I wonder will the PS5 be the last console that the issue of backward compatibility is even a thing? You would imagine it could well be the last of Sony's physical consoles. The hardware will move to the cloud and games will be streamed over superfast fibre broadband.

I wonder will the PS5 be the last console that the issue of backward compatibility is even a thing? You would imagine it could well be the last of Sony's physical consoles. The hardware will move to the cloud and games will be streamed over superfast fibre broadband.

I reckon we're a good while away from that yet. The 4 year rural broadband plan over here will still only service 90% of the country. MS, Sony and Nintendo would be crazy to make the next iteration streaming only, as Ireland has pretty good broadband compared to most countries, so if we're still not at 100% coverage (or as near as possible), I can't imagine most other countries would be anywhere near it.

Indeed, we have the 7th fastest average internet speed in the world:

1. South Korea — 25.3 Mbps
    2. Hong Kong — 16.3 Mbps
    3. Japan — 15 Mbps
    4. Switzerland — 14.5 Mbps
    5. Sweden — 14.1 Mbps
    6. Netherlands — 14 Mbps
    7. Ireland — 13.9 Mbps
    8. Latvia — 13.4 Mbps
    9. Czech Republic — 12.3 Mbps
    10. Singapore — 12.2 Mbps

I'm on a 150 Mbps line so if the average is less than 10% of that then there are a lot of people out there still on ancient DSL systems of ~1 Mbps dragging that average down. The average connection speed in the states is 11.5 Mbps, and there's no accurate independent report as to how much of America is covered with high speed broadband, so until America (imo) get up to scratch, the rest of us won't have to worry. It's too big a demographic to immediately remove a large section of customers from in order to go cloud.

I've no doubt some services will come out, but the consoles will be here for another long time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Pretty sure people said the PS4 would also be Sonys last console.

Googles launch of stadia proves were not there yet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Any offers an a ps plus 1 year subscription?

Is press-start out of stock? How long before they have some more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any offers an a ps plus 1 year subscription?

Is press-start out of stock? How long before they have some more?

€48.99 on Eneba. I have a referrer code from a twitter account that gives 5% off if it is still valid, the code is FRUGAL.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

€48.99 on Eneba. I have a referrer code from a twitter account that gives 5% off if it is still valid, the code is FRUGAL.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

Sound, that worked lovely, got 3% with that code

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Playing Uncharted 2 that I got on PS Plus. First game went fine but in chapter 4 when you get to use the grenades the first time it's bugged. It says hit R2 (game won't move until you do) instead of selecting a grenade Nate takes out the AK and the game's stuck there with a prompt telling you to hit R1 to throw.
    I've searched the interwebz and it's a known bug but no-one seems to offer a fix. I've reinstalled and restarted the mission. It is driving me insane. I thought I'd get over it but I haven't.
    Should I just give up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Playing Uncharted 2 that I got on PS Plus. First game went fine but in chapter 4 when you get to use the grenades the first time it's bugged. It says hit R2 (game won't move until you do) instead of selecting a grenade Nate takes out the AK and the game's stuck there with a prompt telling you to hit R1 to throw.
    I've searched the interwebz and it's a known bug but no-one seems to offer a fix. I've reinstalled and restarted the mission. It is driving me insane. I thought I'd get over it but I haven't.
    Should I just give up?
    If it drives you mad, give up.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    If it drives you mad, give up.

I did. I even deleted the thing but then this annoying voice in my head told me I need to persist. Now it's consuming me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Should I just give up?

Dont have any advice.
    Nearly finished with the first game and planning to go on to the second. Read the second is the best of them all. But that would put me right off too.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Dont have any advice.
    Nearly finished with the first game and planning to go on to the second. Read the second is the best of them all. But that would put me right off too.

The second is easily the best of them. It's so annoying that this is a known bug. Most of the comments around it was that it fixed itself but it's not happening for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I did. I even deleted the thing but then this annoying voice in my head told me I need to persist. Now it's consuming me.
    Time for you to phone Liveline methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

For someone (me) that will only ever play one Unchartered Game - which out of the collection is the best?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Time for you to phone Liveline methinks.

That's one thing about me. I've never been so upset about something that I felt I had to call the radio.

Uncharted 2 is the best. There's no alternative answer to this just incorrect opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Should I just give up?

I got past that after restarting the checkpoint multitimes. You have to press L1 and L2. Forget the order.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    I got past that after restarting the checkpoint multitimes. You have to press L1 and L2. Forget the order.

I've completed it before albeit on disc and it's never been a problem. For whatever reason it is now. I actually think I have the disc somewhere for the PS4. I think I may have to install from the disc to complete it. I have restarted the checkpoint and ran the mission from beginning maybe 5-10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

tigger123 wrote: »
    For someone (me) that will only ever play one Unchartered Game - which out of the collection is the best?

If you’re definitely only going to play one, then it’s definitely 2

But if you have two hours to spare, watch the ‘movie’ of all the cutscenes of 1 on youtube, even if just for an introduction to Nate and Sully and the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Try banging the controller off a table a few times.

Try banging the controller off a table a few times.

That only works when playing COD

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Feb PS plus game should be announced tomorrow. I'm gonna guess FFXV again as they might see it as a way to ease the FF VII delay.

I've decided to buy FFVII again anyway. I was kidding myself thinking I wouldn't. Think I had it on the PS1, PS3 and Vita. Don't think I bought it on 2 or 4, I probably did if it was out for them.
    At least this time it's a different game, sorta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Bought my yearly renewal of ps+ in Smyths, came home, put in the code and when my subscription was up a few days later I was asked to renew...fekin eejit at the counter sold me a playstation now subscription instead...

smokingman wrote: »
    Bought my yearly renewal of ps+ in Smyths, came home, put in the code and when my subscription was up a few days later I was asked to renew...fekin eejit at the counter sold me a playstation now subscription instead...

I'd go back and claim ignorance, it was for the kids, etc. Only noticed it was incorrect after it was applied, you might get free PS+ then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Feb PS plus game should be announced tomorrow. I'm gonna guess FFXV again as they might see it as a way to ease the FF VII delay.

Ohh Predictions.

God of War - was on PS Now until beginning of January, or Persona 5 (on PS Now but leaving beginning of February, plus new version soon)

Currently have a 0% record with predictions.

Advertisement