Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

EoinHef wrote: »
    Didnt think Infinite was part of that collection?

It has all 3 games and all the DLC. You might be thinking of the Ultimate Rapture Edition, which was 1 and 2, and the Infinite Complete Collection, which was Infinite and all its DLC.

Like others, I think Infinite was the weakest in the series. The sky just didn't have the eerie charm of Rapture. The Collection has been in my wishlist for a long time, so delighted it's free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is all the DLC included with Bioshock?

I never did the DLC of Infinite, must have a look if it is on it....

Is Bioshock multiplayer?

Never played any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is Bioshock multiplayer?

2 is, dunno about infinite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

duploelabs wrote: »
    2 is, dunno about infinite

Never played 2, mainly because Ken Levine didn't make it, but have heard it's better than it was reviewed...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is all the DLC included with Bioshock?

I never did the DLC of Infinite, must have a look if it is on it....

"The collection includes all three titles in the BioShock video game series—BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite—alongside their single-player content originally released as exclusives or downloadable content packs, including BioShock 2's Minerva's Den and BioShock Infinite's Burial at Sea.[1] "
    Is Bioshock multiplayer?

There was on 2, but there's no MP in the Collection if t'internet is to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Homelander

Never played 2, mainly because Ken Levine didn't make it, but have heard it's better than it was reviewed...

It's also a total myth that it was in any way badly reviewed. The aggregate score for the game is almost 90/100 on metacritic. Critics rated it as an excellent game.

Some people felt it was too similar to the first, but that's about it. It's an excellent game and the combat system is a big improvement from the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bioshock is a weird one for me. I really liked it but took me a long to clear, i could only pay bits at a time and then not play it for a few weeks. Surely a sign i didn't enjoy it but i actually did. Very hard to explain. I have no recollection if i ever played 2 (prob a sign i didn't) and one of my friends says infinite is his favourite game of all time so I'm very interested to see what that's like. I'm gonna try 2 in the hopes i like it and get to try Minerva's Den which I've heard is absolutely brilliant.

1 thing is for sure, Rapture is one of the greatest locations I've ever visited in a game. Anyone who hasn't played 1 is in for a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just googled there as I hadn't heard of anything lately and he hasn't released anything since Infinite. Mad how studios go so long without releases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭tigger123

Similar to a question I posted previously about another series, but if you had never played any of the Bioshock games, and were only to play one, which one should it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tigger123 wrote: »
    Similar to a question I posted previously about another series, but if you had never played any of the Bioshock games, and were only to play one, which one should it be?

In my order pf enjoyment; the first. (then the second and lastly the third)

The DLC for 2 and 3 are really good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

tigger123 wrote: »

Definitely the first one for the story. There's a twist in it about two thirds of the way which is just great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This month's free games are now available to download

Just read the devs who created the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 went on to start the Fullbright company and made Gone Home and Tacoma. More reason for me to try Bioshock 2 before Infinite.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can start Minerva's Den straight away or have to have played through Bioshock 2 first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just read the devs who created the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 went on to start the Fullbright company and made Gone Home and Tacoma. More reason for me to try Bioshock 2 before Infinite.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can start Minerva's Den straight away or have to have played through Bioshock 2 first?

i think you can play it standalone. The DLC for 2 and 3 are quite different to the main games.

sweetie wrote: »
    i think you can play it standalone. The DLC for 2 and 3 are quite different to the main games.

Just read Minerva's Den is the best way to experience the world of Bioshock. 3 hours of condensed and focused story/combat. Will definitely be going straight into that first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Just read Minerva's Den is the best way to experience the world of Bioshock. 3 hours of condensed and focused story/combat. Will definitely be going straight into that first.

Bioshock's campaign is about 12 hours and is not that taxing. The gameplay might have aged a bit but the story is excellent and the Dublin accent on Atlas as he guides you through the game is a major plus.

I had played Infinite previously and I thought it was grand, not fantastic, but the first game I thought was great in a way that none of the other games were able to recreate. The DLC are all good but none of them compare to the first game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,478 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Infinite is alot better than 2 imo.

But you are right to play 2 first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just reading, and looking to confirm;
    If you have ea access and downloaded a game off it, then it goes free on PS Plus, then the only way to own it via PS Plus is to get on to support and ask them to delete your license for the game and then repurchase from PS Plus?

Should really make things a bit easier. Between physical games, PS Plus, PS Now and EA Access theres some overlap to be expected, but can simplify the process of changing license surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Looking forward to welcoming some noobs to Firewall this evening! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Last time I tried Bioshock it felt very dated..

Must give it another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone here replaced the thermal paste on their machine. I have cleaned out the dust previously but it didn't make any difference so think the paste is the next step? Anyone got any experience of doing it?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone here replaced the thermal paste on their machine. I have cleaned out the dust previously but it didn't make any difference so think the paste is the next step? Anyone got any experience of doing it?

I haven't, but I'm very tempted to try it. I'm not sure if the payoff would be worth the risk though. Pretty sure it may invalidate trading it in too, as you have to remove 2 security stickers hiding screws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

PS+ related, if i do the whole digital game sharing thing between my brothers console and mine, will he be able to download and use the PS+ games even though i'm the only one with the subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PS+ related, if i do the whole digital game sharing thing between my brothers console and mine, will he be able to download and use the PS+ games even though i'm the only one with the subscription?

You will need to push the download to your home console, which you set as your brothers console, via the webstore or sign into his console on your account. Once the game is downloaded your brother can play them on his profile.

Actually, that was something I'd like clarification on, as I've read all the documentation and can't find a definite answer.

Two of my mates live together and do the share thing. They want me to get in on it, but I'm unsure what happens when I get home if i'm signed into one of the lads as my primary. I'd have to set my own as the primary again, but I won't be able to access their games if I do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Actually, that was something I'd like clarification on, as I've read all the documentation and can't find a definite answer.

Two of my mates live together and do the share thing. They want me to get in on it, but I'm unsure what happens when I get home if i'm signed into one of the lads as my primary. I'd have to set my own as the primary again, but I won't be able to access their games if I do that?

Found this article that explains game sharing process, only really works if sharing between 2 consoles

https://www.gripitaustralia.com.au/blogs/the-gamers-telegraph/35578241-sharing-games-on-your-ps4-using-the-primary-non-primary-account-method

Yeah, seems to be the case. But, I might try signing on to theirs and see what happens. Can still play my games without having mine set as the primary. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Hi all,

My ps+ is ending in couple of days and was wondering who currently has the best offer for it?

I used to buy with cdkeys but it is no longer available.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

valdigre wrote: »
    Hi all,

My ps+ is ending in couple of days and was wondering who currently has the best offer for it?

I used to buy with cdkeys but it is no longer available.

Thanks!

I have an unwanted PS+ sub I'd sell to you if it was allowed (not sure how to get rid of it TBH).
    Gamivo and Eneba used to sell them but it looks like they're OOS at the mo.

The only slightly good deal I can see is €50 credit for €44 at Instant-Gaming.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1784-buy-key-playstation-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

Advertisement