Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,047 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leak was correct. Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1232704772920266753?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Division 2 just to p off people who bought it cheap in the last sale :), and Shadow of the Colossus (I wish).

..Okay, now I wish to be rich and twenty years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

haven't played shadow of colossus in years, looking forward to a revisit.

kids should enjoy sonic for a few hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Nearly pulled trigger for Shadow in a recent sale, so delighted with that. Not too fussed with Sonic but a good month overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

Never played Shadow but considered it at various stages, dont care about sonic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

For the third month in a row I have one of the games :-( For those that haven't tried Shadow of the Colossus, you are in for a treat. Don't think that I'll bother with Sonic Forces as the feedback is painting a pretty poor picture of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

TinCanMan wrote: »
    For the third month in a row I have one of the games :-( For those that haven't tried Shadow of the Colossus, you are in for a treat. Don't think that I'll bother with Sonic Forces as the feedback is painting a pretty poor picture of it.

It's free, get it and form your own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

It's free, get it and form your own opinion.

I plan to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭facehugger99

This is the second month in a row they've had a game I actually wanted to play, after last months Bioshock series.

Now I just need to contract the coronavirus and self-isolate in my man-cave for a couple of weeks.

Still trying to finish off Assassins Creed Odyssey after nearly 50hrs.

Is SotC a long games? - I'm thinking it might be better one to start with than the Biohazzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This is the second month in a row they've had a game I actually wanted to play, after last months Bioshock series.

Now I just need to contract the coronavirus and self-isolate in my man-cave for a couple of weeks.

Still trying to finish off Assassins Creed Odyssey after nearly 50hrs.

Is SotC a long games? - I'm thinking it might be better one to start with than the Biohazzards.

It’s a very focused game actually, 16 boss fights with some exploring inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    It’s a very focused game actually, 16 boss fights with some exploring inbetween.

One of a very few games I managed to finish while having young kids. having just 16 bosses means that you could go in for a play, fight one or two bosses and then turn off again. None of the bosses are particularly difficult to figure out so spending more than an hour on one is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

If you let the plus lapse and buy it again later will you be able 2 access the games that you got for free previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never done it but as far as I know yes once you buy it again you get everything back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,047 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you let the plus lapse and buy it again later will you be able 2 access the games that you got for free previously?

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nearly pulled the trigger on SotC a few times. Played the original and loved it, so happy it's coming this month. And while I've never liked a Sonic game (hold right, jump every now and then...), I actually think Forces looks ok. Will give it a go. Two very good months in a row if you haven't played Bioshock or SotC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This month's games are now free to download

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VTOSMD

I am just commenting as it is required for a course, but I hope everyone enjoys the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there is free dlc for Sonic Forces, Super Sonic and Episode Shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like there is free dlc for Sonic Forces, Super Sonic and Episode Shadow

Yeah, Sega got shamed into making Super Sonic free after attempting to charge for it.

First impressions of SotC is that the controls and camera movement are pretty awful.

Looks lovely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

First impressions of SotC is that the controls and camera movement are pretty awful.

Looks lovely though.

A major flaw in the original, surprised they didn't fix it with the porting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks lovely though.

When I did a bit of research into buying it about a year ago, pretty much every review and comment on it said the same. You're not the only one to find that bit terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

The horse is the most annoying thing for me, why make it is so awkward to move about with it

I gave Bioshock a go earlier but it froze on me after pausing it - had to force-quit the game - anyone else experience any bugs with it?

First impressions is that it's going to be way too scary for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I gave Bioshock a go earlier but it froze on me after pausing it - had to force-quit the game - anyone else experience any bugs with it?

??????
    With a name like "Facehugger", I thought you'd be grand with a fright:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's not really scary at all. There's the occasional moment where you might jump a bit but that's it.

It's not really scary at all. There's the occasional moment where you might jump a bit but that's it.
    Yeah, it's not scary and definitely worth a playthough if you've not played it yet.

Yeah, it's not scary and definitely worth a playthough if you've not played it yet.

Ah here, in the first few minutes you're wandering around this deserted, dark, creepy building and there's a thing with hookey-claws jumping out at you. I'm playing on my own, in a dark room with surround sound and giant tv. It's pant-****tingly scary IMO. I can't be dealing with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Its creepy I would say more than scary, but I get what you mean.
    I recommend you do not play the persistence or resident evil 7 in VR but even flat screen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah here, in the first few minutes you're wandering around this deserted, dark, creepy building and there's a thing with hookey-claws jumping out at you. I'm playing on my own, in a dark room with surround sound and giant tv. It's pant-****tingly scary IMO. I can't be dealing with it anyway.

Up the lights a bit and turn off the surround sound- otherwise you risk missing out on what are two fabulous games :)

Advertisement