Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

I would say the first game is definitely a little creepy at times to be fair. The first while as you're finding your feet there's a few odd encounters and an unsettling horror-inspired design/atmosphere, and one or two 'boss' encounters are pure horror noir.

It definitely does even out after a while though and becomes more straight forward. It's not Dead Space or Silent Hill, but I do remember finding it very creepy. One of the best games ever made though for sure, it would be a terrible shame not to play it.

Haven't played it since 2008 and almost afraid to go back in case it's aged enough that it sort of taints the almost infalliable memories I have. Bioshock 2 is a really great game and Infinite is decent, but it's the first one I'll always remember for just being such an absolutely mind blowing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 logseman

Ah here, in the first few minutes you're wandering around this deserted, dark, creepy building and there's a thing with hookey-claws jumping out at you. I'm playing on my own, in a dark room with surround sound and giant tv. It's pant-****tingly scary IMO. I can't be dealing with it anyway.

You don't need to subject yourself to the scary parts. The jump scares are not the essence of the game anyways. Try to give it a second chance, it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lads, I admire your bravery, can a couple of ye come around to my place and hold my hand while I play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

How Shadow of the Colossus got rated as highly as it did with those controls is incredible, worst controls, camera angles Iv'e seen in a modern game to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads, I admire your bravery, can a couple of ye come around to my place and hold my hand while I play this.

To be fair holding hands is scarier than any games at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How Shadow of the Colossus got rated as highly as it did with those controls is incredible, worst controls, camera angles Iv'e seen in a modern game to date.

Just started it, was expecting terrible controls and they were shocking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Cienciano wrote: »
    Just started it, was expecting terrible controls and they were shocking bad.

I didn't really no anything about the game but I heard positive things and was aware it got great reviews, I considered buying it at one time but just never bothered.

Yeah I mean I can't actually remember the last time I abandoned a game due to poor controls, visually it's a stunning game but for me with those controls it was unplayable.

Even riding the horse is a headache, you literally have to button mash triangle to get it going, found it a nightmare to slow down /stop, add on top the angles and it makes for a terrible experience, shocking stuff so surprised it rated as highly as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

i'm guessing it's not a coincidence that the number 1 selling item on Instant-gaming is a 14 day sub for PS Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭facehugger99

CastorTroy wrote: »
    i'm guessing it's not a coincidence that the number 1 selling item on Instant-gaming is a 14 day sub for PS Plus

I expect some companies will do very well out of the current situation.

Disney Plus couldn't have asked for better conditions to launch their new streaming service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I expect some companies will do very well out of the current situation.

Disney Plus couldn't have asked for better conditions to launch their new streaming service.

I can see people having to cut back on subs if they have been laid off permanently or temporarily.
    Anyone that's subscribing to multiple subs like Netflix, Amazon Prime & Disney might get rid of them all and keep only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I can see people having to cut back on subs if they have been laid off permanently or temporarily.
    Anyone that's subscribing to multiple subs like Netflix, Amazon Prime & Disney might get rid of them all and keep only one.

Netflix is by and far the most expensive of those subs. Prime is €6, D+ is €60/70 a year and Netflix is €11 a month if you don't want potato quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Monster hunter being added midway through the month for Asian subscribers, hopefully it'll do the same for this region

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

duploelabs wrote: »
    Monster hunter being added midway through the month for Asian subscribers, hopefully it'll do the same for this region

Would love to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Would love to try that.

I'd give you my copy if I could. Found it very dull and grindy, and that's only the first few Monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Netflix is by and far the most expensive of those subs. Prime is €6, D+ is €60/70 a year and Netflix is €11 a month if you don't want potato quality.
    Get Netflix through a Turkish VPN. Only about 6 euro a month for the top package then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2 are supposedly next months free games.

****ing awesome if true. Uncharted was an epic adventure, don't think I'd post through it again but i enjoyed it. I loved dirt rally 1, didn't fancy dirt 4 so never tried DR2, would be more than happy to play that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Maybe I'm just being grumpy but surely everyone and their granny has played Uncharted 4. It is a great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    ****ing awesome if true. Uncharted was an epic adventure, don't think I'd post through it again but i enjoyed it. I loved dirt rally 1, didn't fancy dirt 4 so never tried DR2, would be more than happy to play that.
    Dirt Rally 2 is excellent. Career mode is harder than the first one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Notorious wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being grumpy but surely everyone and their granny has played Uncharted 4. It is a great game though.

I haven't :D

But then I've no time to play games really these days with the kids :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Dirt Rally 2 is excellent. Career mode is harder than the first one though.

Dirt Rally lulls you into a fall sense of brilliance. The first car was handy and you aren’t fast but you can control it. So in my wisdom, I jumped into a class B car as soon as I could. Like handling a slippery eel. Dirt 2 would be great but is that too recent for PSplus and I thought it still sells ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

If true it's going to be one of those annoying months. Two really good games. But two I already own...

Damien360 wrote: »
    Dirt Rally lulls you into a fall sense of brilliance. The first car was handy and you aren’t fast but you can control it. So in my wisdom, I jumped into a class B car as soon as I could. Like handling a slippery eel. Dirt 2 would be great but is that too recent for PSplus and I thought it still sells ?
    The short lived Group B era. The acceleration and speed of those cars is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Notorious wrote: »

I played the Nathan Drake Collection but hadn't got around to getting 4 so I'd be thrilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Does Dirt Rally 2 have a VR mode or was I imagining things? :)

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Does Dirt Rally 2 have a VR mode or was I imagining things? :)
    It doesn't.

I've never understood the love for the Uncharted series.

I'd give Dirt Rally a go though. I've rarely played rally games.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

A pretty good month in my opinion. Although another month where I have at least one of the games. I am curious to try dirt rally 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

How often do these rumors prove true?

• Advertisement

How often do these rumors prove true?

Well, each month the leak tends to come from a Playstation Store from a different country so it's usually legit. This month, it was shown on a video from Playstation Access which is official as well. The video has since been taken down but it looks 99% certain unless Sony change their minds.

Weird thought, Dirt Rally 2 is currently on sale from 70 to 45 or something like that. I know they have given games before on recent sales but not sure about current sales.

Advertisement