Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was gonna buy Not A Hero a few weeks back in the sale. Very interested in that, made by the same guys who made Olli Olli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Fingers crossed on Little Big Planet, been wanting to play that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not a Hero looks like fun, and I enjoyed LBP back when it first came out so wouldn't mind playing LBP3 although there seems to be a lot of moaning about it being poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Would be delighted to Not A Hero, most Devolver games are good by me anyway! Shame they cancelled its development for the Vita though, it'd be class being able to play it on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

maximoose wrote: »
    wouldn't mind playing LBP3 although there seems to be a lot of moaning about it being poor.

It is the worst of the LBP games, definitely, but I still had a lot of fun with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Otacon wrote:
    , the PS+ PS4 games this month are LittleBigPlanet 3 and Not a Hero. Really good games actually.

Sake. Spent €20 on LBP3 just after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

LBP 3 is a great game, got it for free when I bought the PS4 and had great fun playing it co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Full List :

LittleBigPlanet 3 // PS4
    Not a Hero // PS4
    Starwhal // PS3, cross buy with PS4
    Anna — Extended Edition // PS3
    Ninja Senki DX // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
    TorqueL // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anna is a weird aul game, never had much time for it but I'm not the best at those type of games.

Not a Hero looks cool though, it looks like a 2D, cover based Hotline Miami, kind of.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I already have LBP but myself and my little one had great craic playing co-op together, great addition to plus.

I never had a PS3 so haven't played the previous ones, I'd love to now having seen the posts above saying three is the worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

They're not exactly the games I was longing to play but I'm happy enough that there's fun to be had there.
    Little Big Planet is something I've never tried before and I enjoyed any Devolver Digital games I played before so yep that's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Not a Hero looks great, and it got some good reviews. I'll be playing that.

LBP3 on the other hand is disappointing; it's been sitting in the bargain bin in Gamestop for over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

There you go, thats a fifth of your PSN investment back in one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Damnit, bought LBP3 a couple of months ago in a sale. Wouldn't normally bother me except due to backlog I still hadn't gotten around to playing it. Cest la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Happy about LBP, all the skins I've got carry over from the PS3 and carting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Hi i need a helping hand here,my son has bought a uk 90 day membership code but it wont work on his account as its set to Ireland.

im on xbox myself so didnt no the codes had to be for a set region on ps+

as i bought the code threw ebay they are basically saying tough :mad:

so is there anyway to use the code ?

do you have to buy exclusively for ireland ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jambofc wrote: »

Set up a UK account, bit pointless since he already has an Irish account.

No, many of us have US/UK/Japanese accounts to go with our Irish one and buy off whichever we need.
    Some even have a US PS+ account instead of an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hi i need a helping hand here,my son has bought a uk 90 day membership code but it wont work on his account as its set to Ireland.

im on xbox myself so didnt no the codes had to be for a set region on ps+

as i bought the code threw ebay they are basically saying tough :mad:

Yeah, just set up a UK account and make the PS4 the primary console and he'll have access to online multiplayer on all account on his PS.

Only problem is he won't have access to any of the previous Plus games he downloaded unless he has an active Plus subscription on his main account (Irish one)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why are Playstation downloads so slow ? Driving me mad.
    For some Demos it looks as if they're downloading at 100kbps...if even that.
    I have a 1 gig connection....so that's not the issue.

I just got a PS4 Pro, and I plan to buy most of my games digitally...but with many coming in at 40gigs or more.....I'm gonna be waiting weeks to play.

I'm having visions of 15yr old me sneakily connecting my computer to the house phone line socket...stopping my parents using their phone...then browsing Kazaa or Bearshare for music and 'other things' and waiting maybe an hour or two to donwload a short song , video or picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

SeantheMan wrote: »

Are you using a wired connection? My PS4 has serious wireless issues; it gets stuck on a 1 or 2Mb download. Supposedly this stems from the PS4's poor wireless receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Notorious wrote: »
    Are you using a wired connection? My PS4 has serious wireless issues; it gets stuck on a 1 or 2Mb download. Supposedly this stems from the PS4's poor wireless receiver.

It's the same wired, I get around 70mbs wired but my downloads on a good day are only at around 2-3mbs, and that's if I'm not using the PS if I'm in a game or a app it'll drop to below 1mbs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I just got a PS4 Pro, and I plan to buy most of my games digitally...but with many coming in at 40gigs or more.....I'm gonna be waiting weeks to play.

I'm having visions of 15yr old me sneakily connecting my computer to the house phone line socket...stopping my parents using their phone...then browsing Kazaa or Bearshare for music and 'other things' and waiting maybe an hour or two to donwload a short song , video or picture.

Do you have a Horizon box, have seen quite a few people with issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If wireless,set a staic ip and port forward. If wired pause and restart the download or leave the console in rest mode while downloading.

Welcome to Sonys next gen network...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Xenji wrote: »
    Do you have a Horizon box, have seen quite a few people with issues with them.

I'm on wired (Olleh Giga) in Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm on wired (Olleh Giga) in Korea.

Strange, my downloads are way better on Pro than a standard PS4...

Check with your provider and your port forwarding .....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah wired is about 10-20 times better for me. On downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not a Hero is a bit of Craic but very shallow. I found Broforce much better. Pity, I thought I'd get more out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I like LBP, havent a clue what Im at but it was a fun hour away from Fifa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Have a similar issue, have 120 mb broadband but the PS4 gets less than 1 mb wirelessly while all other devices in the same room have a great connection.

My solution is to set the wireless connection on the laptop to shared and hook it up with an ethernet cable to the PS4. Just set up a wired connection in the PS4 settings as normal then and your laptop is effectively acting as a receiver for it.

Advertisement