Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Loving SOTC. Controls aside, it's a great game.

New games are available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Uncharted not going into basket as free.
    I'll try again in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'll try again in a bit.

Same for me. I almost clicked buy until I noticed the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Unchartered is free now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'll try again in a bit.

There should be an option to click 'free' when it asks you to chose version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

duploelabs wrote: »
    There should be an option to click 'free' when it asks you to chose version

Its updated now for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dirt Rally is the Souls alike of driving:D

Been awhile since I played the series,last time was with a wheel. Had a few goes today and my god it's so unforgiving

EoinHef wrote: »
    Dirt Rally is the Souls alike of driving:D

Been awhile since I played the series,last time was with a wheel. Had a few goes today and my god it's so unforgiving

I think i just gave up on the snow stages in the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think i just gave up on the snow stages in the first game

Pretty sure I gave up on the first stage in the first game... Way too hard to be enjoyable to me. Might give 2 a go, see if they scaled it back a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pretty sure I gave up on the first stage in the first game... Way too hard to be enjoyable to me. Might give 2 a go, see if they scaled it back a bit!
    They haven't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hi folks, any suggestions on where I might get a 1-year PS+ sub? Instant Gaming seem to be out of stock for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hi folks, any suggestions on where I might get a 1-year PS+ sub? Instant Gaming seem to be out of stock for the last few days.

I would suggest Eneba, but they are also sold out atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is it worth waiting until the 2 sites mentioned above have the annual subscription back in stock? Is it much of a saving from buying off the store?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Is it worth waiting until the 2 sites mentioned above have the annual subscription back in stock? Is it much of a saving from buying off the store?

It saves €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Uncharted says to choose a version but the options are identical?

I went with the one that said '€19.99 FREE' instead of the one that just said Free. Absolutely no idea if it makes a difference, and annoying you couldn't just Add it to the library like the other games! But, it has given me the spur to start my Unchartathon, still have to play 4 and it's spin off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Is anyone having issues logging in ?

I can't log into PSN the last 2 days - I've done speed tests and I am connected to the internet at about 200MB.. but don't connect to PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NeVeR wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues logging in ?

I can't log into PSN the last 2 days - I've done speed tests and I am connected to the internet at about 200MB.. but don't connect to PSN

Nope none at all, have you tried logging in on your phone or a laptop incase it is some terms and conditions you need to accept or something, as that can happen with Xbox if you haven't been online in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really enjoying Dirt Rally 2, I find the difficulty curve isn’t as bad as the first one but still had to retire in the first two events. Came second in the New England event and doing well so far in Spain, love the challenge of it. High stakes racing with very few safety nets, can only imagine how good it could be with a wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really enjoying Dirt Rally 2, I find the difficulty curve isn’t as bad as the first one but still had to retire in the first two events. Came second in the New England event and doing well so far in Spain, love the challenge of it. High stakes racing with very few safety nets, can only imagine how good it could be with a wheel.
    The Spanish Rally is my favourite, nice and fast. Driving in the sunset is a real challenge though as the sun gets in your eyes.

BTW there is a Dirt Rally 2.0 thread here for anyone that is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haven't played dirt rally 2 yet (and will be a while with ff7 on the go) but the Colin McRae dlc sounds class. A tenner gets you races throughout his career, his cars and a ton of challenges where you have to emulate things Colin had to actually go through like 3 stages with a wrecked car. Sounds very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Haven't played dirt rally 2 yet (and will be a while with ff7 on the go) but the Colin McRae dlc sounds class. A tenner gets you races throughout his career, his cars and a ton of challenges where you have to emulate things Colin had to actually go through like 3 stages with a wrecked car. Sounds very interesting.

Is SuperValu still selling games? Was thinking maybe they might have ff7 there instead of ordering online.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Is SuperValu still selling games? Was thinking maybe they might have ff7 there instead of ordering online.

They only sell 2 games a year, FIFA and COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They only sell 2 games a year, FIFA and COD.

I got Red Dead there oddly enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

martyos121 wrote: »

Loved the New England rally. Argentina can f**k right off though. Jaysus my heart was broke trying to get through those stages intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

James74 wrote: »
    Loved the New England rally. Argentina can f**k right off though. Jaysus my heart was broke trying to get through those stages intact.

Surprisingly found Argentina alright, the slower pace and tighter corners seemed to suit me more than the likes of Australia which gave me serious trouble keeping the car in one piece. You just have to take Argentina nice and handy and focus on not crashing, it’s meant to be driven carefully rather than quickly I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

I've tried previous Unchartered games and just couldn't get into them. I think I was too late coming to the party.

Played a few hours of Thief's End the other night and really it though. Storyline is much better and much more engaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you want to catch up on the story of UC 1-3 then I'd highly recommend watching the cutscene "movies" on Youtube

Imo they're bloody decently put together, but maybe I can only say that since I played the game first

• Advertisement

Jaysus The Golf Club is unforgiving. And a priktease. Played my first round, went something like +6, grand, getting used to it. Decided to set up an offline society to play through a load of tournaments. Managed to be T5 after the first round on -3, then went on to finish the tournament on +13. Second course, was first after R1 with -5, and heading into R3 i'm currently on +3. Drives, grand enough. But it's the rest of the shots get me. I just can't tell the roll for the different shots, with most going well past the target, and some not even getting half way there.

And then the putting... Grand if it's relatively flat, but any bit of a curve (even small ones) and it can kill you. Took 5 shots at putting uphill on a stupidly oversized green. Kept rolling back until I basically went full power, when it then went past the hole... Just can't make head nor tail of it. Fun game though, when it's not kicking you in the face for being useless. Presenter is good too. Sounds Irish? John McCarthy.

Advertisement