Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I forgot TGC 2019 is now part of PS Now so I could at least use the free trial to demo the putting. I wouldn't get much use out of a sub to PS Now.

Edit: Looked up a review and the guy spent most of the time cursing at how random the putting is. Might keep my trial for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Doodah7 wrote: »
    I still go back to Rory McIlroy PGA Golf which is pretty good and has a load of real courses. The putting is much fairer than the Golf Club in my opinion while the overall game is still challenging.

Unfortunately it can only be purchased physically now and goes for silly money on eBay.

I'm actually playing Rory McIlroy PGA at the moment - it gets a bit too easy when you know the trick to getting the albatross or hole in one shots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I have Rory pga and TGC 2, prefer TGC 2. The putting does take getting used to, especially judging power as mentioned above. Tempted by the 2019 version as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blaze420 wrote: »
    I'm actually playing Rory McIlroy PGA at the moment - it gets a bit too easy when you know the trick to getting the albatross or hole in one shots :D

Pitching straight into the cup? Guilty as charged myself. :D:o

It’s a great golf game though, really wish the series wasn’t dead because it could only have improved from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, you get to a level where you can hit ridiculous shots whereas TGC is like (and has the learning curve of) when you play golf irl

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Pitching straight into the cup? Guilty as charged myself. :D:o

It’s a great golf game though, really wish the series wasn’t dead because it could only have improved from there.

Yep but even from the tee shot - the dip trick I think it's called (with the blue aiming line) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rumour going around that next months games are Dying Light and Dark Souls Remastered. Take with a grain of salt as not the usual type of regional PlayStation store leaking games announcement early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Which one Potential? TGC2 or 2019? I played 2 and loved the idea of it but the putting killed me just like you said. It was like it was random, couldn't find a rythm to it. I'm really helped in getting 2019 in the sale but only if the putting is a bit easier.

2019, the one with PS Now. I really don't know what to make of it right now. I all but gave up on it, and ended the society season without playing anymore. I was going to delete it out of frustration, but said I'd give it 1 more go and started the PGA Tour part. I came 5th in the opening match (you have to progress to get your PGA card), and in the following 5 matches (on Easy mind you, but I think that only affects the other players scores) I've won 3 (and got straight to the PGA Tour without the web.com finals) and I'm averaging -2 per good match.

I've gotten better at the putting and getting so many close shots or long (20-30ft) putts. The PGA courses are a lot more forgiving as far as I can tell. Still can't get my head around lob, pitch and chip shots. When I think I know how the ball will roll, it'll do the opposite, it takes off when I don't think it will and barely moves when I want it to. I've lobbed with the same club on the same course under basically similar conditions from the same spot, and both times have had different results on roll/distance. Can't figure it out. Grand on most drives and putting is definitely better, and I kinda like going into bunkers now because I nearly always get close to the pin from them, whereas I could be 20ft away on the fairway and end up out of bounds!

It's really love/hate right now, leaning more towards the love, but it'll only take another shot limit reached to put it back the other way! I'd be annoyed if I bought it.
    Rumour going around that next months games are Dying Light and Dark Souls Remastered. Take with a grain of salt as not the usual type of regional PlayStation store leaking games announcement early

Hopefully not... Dying Light should be owned, or at least played, by everyone at this stage, and those who want Dark Souls will already have it. Will be a poor month for me if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Don't have either and have been looking at Dark Souls for a long time.

Never played Dying Light so would be a great month for me.

Dying Light is spectacular zombie-em-up. I already own it but if it's true, hopefully it's the Enhanced Edition that comes with The Following dlc, excellent addition. I didn't enjoy dark souls remastered as much as the original.

• Advertisement

Dying Light is spectacular zombie-em-up. I already own it but if it's true, hopefully it's the Enhanced Edition that comes with The Following dlc, excellent addition. I didn't enjoy dark souls remastered as much as the original.

Well enhanced edition is currently on sale until Wednesday so could be free game but they would probably use standard edition and then discount the dlc. As I mentioned it's a complete rumour so might not even be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have been on the fence on buying Sekiro lately. Just haven't as I'm in the middle of something for work and wouldn't have time to play it. However, if Dark Souls came up, I'd probably opt for it instead. Haven't really played any Soulsborne games apart from Bloodborne which I liked, but just faded away from as it just wasn't hooking me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Should find out today?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Should find out today?

I think the announcement is the last Wednesday and release the first Tuesday?

I think the announcement is the last Wednesday and release the first Tuesday?

Yep, announcement should be tomorrow. I wouldn't hold out on the games I posted being true as going by reddit it's a photoshop job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh yeah, today's only Tuesday. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 19 are the PlayStation Plus games for May.

Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 19 are your PlayStation Plus games for May

Awesome i was very close to buying skylines a few times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 19 are the PlayStation Plus games for May.

They're both already on PS Now. Disappointed with those picks.

Kingp35 wrote: »

Aw that's ****, they should either bundle Now and Plus together or keep the games separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »
    Have been on the fence on buying Sekiro lately. Just haven't as I'm in the middle of something for work and wouldn't have time to play it. However, if Dark Souls came up, I'd probably opt for it instead. Haven't really played any Soulsborne games apart from Bloodborne which I liked, but just faded away from as it just wasn't hooking me.

Sekiro it is then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'd rather be shot with pellets of my own shíte than play simulator games and two of them in the one month is nonsense. At least have a little bit of variety.

I'd rather be shot with pellets of my own shíte than play simulator games and two of them in the one month is nonsense. At least have a little bit of variety.

Cities is surprisingly in depth and good, do not play it unless you have a spare hour or 3 to get really stuck in though. As for Farming Simulator, I’m interested to give it a shot as the pretence is so ridiculous - I have heard it’s fairly addictive though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

. As for Farming Simulator, I’m interested to give it a shot as the pretence is so ridiculous - I have heard it’s fairly addictive though

Heard the same about that goat game that was given recently. It got an hour before getting promptly deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought they'd look to lure in PS+ subscribers with something big. Evidently not.

Saves me a few quid at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah disappointing month, having the same games on plus and now is riddiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Ahhh ffs...worst month in a good while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Meh. Could they have chosen 2 games further away from Dying Light and Dark Souls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus and I thought the Xbox offering was bad this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

And I got Real Farm for €0.49 cent, not even downloaded it!

awful month, probably worst ever

Advertisement