Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No service but charged anyway... over €1000!

Options
  • 04-10-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Eir,

My partner ordered a mobile, TV and broadband package from Eir in August. After an aborted attempt to install TV and broadband (due to non-functional outside line apparently) and the length of time waiting for Eir to send a technician to rectify, we cancelled the contract, within the cooling off period.

On 9th September, we spoke with your retentions team and cancelled the contract. We agreed with the cancellations representative that we would pay for any mobile consumption, which amounted to a handful of telephone calls. 

The cancellation agent advised that they would immediately cancel the service and that our next step was to return the phone in a jiffy bag to be sent by Eir (we are still waiting for this). The mobile has been switched off since this date and is in a box waiting to go back to Eir.

Since the 9th (cancellation date) we have been contacted by KN Networks and open Eir several times to re-arrange the installation. They even came out to the house on the 20th when nobody was there!
    Today, we received three text messages advising that our “account usage is quite high”. On logging in to our myEir self service account, our balance is €1,021.26. Apart from the aforementioned handful of mobile calls up to the 9th of September, we have not received any service from Eir.

A bill issued on 3rd September advises a balance of -€44.12

Please explain why current charges are > €1000!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Eir,

My partner ordered a mobile, TV and broadband package from Eir in August. After an aborted attempt to install TV and broadband (due to non-functional outside line apparently) and the length of time waiting for Eir to send a technician to rectify, we cancelled the contract, within the cooling off period.

On 9th September, we spoke with your retentions team and cancelled the contract. We agreed with the cancellations representative that we would pay for any mobile consumption, which amounted to a handful of telephone calls. 

The cancellation agent advised that they would immediately cancel the service and that our next step was to return the phone in a jiffy bag to be sent by Eir (we are still waiting for this). The mobile has been switched off since this date and is in a box waiting to go back to Eir.

Since the 9th (cancellation date) we have been contacted by KN Networks and open Eir several times to re-arrange the installation. They even came out to the house on the 20th when nobody was there!
    Today, we received three text messages advising that our “account usage is quite high”. On logging in to our myEir self service account, our balance is €1,021.26. Apart from the aforementioned handful of mobile calls up to the 9th of September, we have not received any service from Eir.

A bill issued on 3rd September advises a balance of -€44.12

Please explain why current charges are > €1000!
    Hi neverlost64,

Thanks for getting in touch. You should not be charged if you cancelled within the cooling off period.
    Can you PM me your account number and I'll check this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 13 neverlost64

Thank you, PM sent. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thank you, PM sent. 
    Thanks neverlost64,

I'll be back to you today.

-Pamela 

Advertisement