Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vape and Dublin Airport

• 04-10-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey All,

I'm heading to Manchester on Saturday and flying with Aer Lingus.

I'm an avid Vaper and would be lost without mine.

Am I allowed to carry it on board as hand luggage? I won't be using it on board but I am not checking in any bags.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its no problem, carried one through loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Its no problem, carried one through loads of times.

Was it a pen or a proper mod? I use a cuboid mini. Also, is 100ml the limit for liquid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Huza91 wrote: »
    Was it a pen or a proper mod? I use a cuboid mini. Also, is 100ml the limit for liquid?

Mine was a pen, but have seen people going through with the bigger devices.
    Its not a problem, think about it you can bring a phone, tablet, ipad, laptop etc onto the airplane so why should your battery device be any different.
    Just place it on the security tray with the rest of the contents of your pockets and they scan it, no problem.
    100ml is the limit for liquid containers alright.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Moved to Vaping and E-Smoking. You'll get better advice here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I flew to Italy last month, from Dublin, and had my Evic mini with a tank and a bottle of juice in my carry on. No problems. I had the rest of my juice and another mod in the check in. On the return, on the Italian side, they did ask me to empty out my bag [which is a camera bag] but they were more interested in my camera than the mod or juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I fly fairly regularly and there's no problem at all.

I put liquids in the clear bag (obviously) and just put my device in the tray on its own. All the security staff know what they are, so you won't get stopped at Dublin or Manchester.

Your tank will probably leak on the plane though, due to the pressure. I wrap mine in a tissue and put it in a plastic bag, to stop making a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Flying Ryanair last week, well oiled lady was charging her ecig with a USB cable attached to her partners laptop stretched across the aisle and producing plumes of vapour, couldn't believe it

You will have no problem taking your device & batteries in your hand luggage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Cordell

No problem getting it onboard, but drain the tank, becauase as it was said before it will leak.

Advertisement