Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

When I started watching the ad, it was so maudlin that it felt like her mother had passed away. :o
    And she's a vegetarian but she eats some of the ham every year? Not really much of a vegetarian then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I don't like the Tesco ad either. The sentiment is lovely but it's dull and cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I like this one. Very .co . uk Christmas 2016

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Burberrys (supposedly) Christmas advert 2016. Beautifully shot cinematic ad, but Christmas? Sorry no it’s just not saying Christmas to me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/burberry-christmas-advert-sienna-miller-domhnall-gleeson-dominic-west-a7391646.html

This one is more like the trailer for a film...and it's a film I'd want to watch :D But agreed it's not very Christmassy. Tesco 2013 almost had me crying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I like this one. Very .co . uk Christmas 2016

That's lovely!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

This ad has been mistaken for the 2016 John Lewis advert all day today.
    Turns out it's an A Level Student's project based on John Lewis' Christmas marketing campaign.
    Impressive all the same :D

You can read the article here https://www.fm104.ie/the-buzz/hold-on-has-the-john-lewis-christmas-ad-already/

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Just spotted the An Post Christmas advert on TV this evening.
    They seem to be going with the same ad as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just saw the TK Maxx ad. It's bizarre and I love it. :D

I saw the Littlewoods ad earlier and went looking for it on YouTube. Couldn't find the one I saw (it must have been the Irish one maybe) but I found this one. I love it. :D The Christmas walk is not something we've ever done but I love the idea of it.

Argos Christmas advert 2016

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's another miss for me. Really disappointed in the ad line ups so far this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I saw the Littlewoods ad earlier and went looking for it on YouTube. Couldn't find the one I saw (it must have been the Irish one maybe) but I found this one. I love it. :D The Christmas walk is not something we've ever done but I love the idea of it.

That's a great ad and there are certainly a few families from where I'm from guilty of doing the Christmas walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Tha argos ad is rubbish , why are most of the christmas ads not really christmassey anymore ?

Agree re The Argos ads, really brutal selection for far this year all round.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Best ad I've seen this year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

I think we have in part been spoiled by how good the previous years offerings were and the weariness of advertisers to avoid offending people, who love being offended, by diluting down or ignoring Christmas/Santa/Religious* connotation. Getting more like 'happy holidays' which is a shame.

*I am in now way religous.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I think we have in part been spoiled by how good the previous years offerings were and the weariness of advertisers to avoid offending people, who love being offended, by diluting down or ignoring Christmas/Santa/Religious* connotation. Getting more like 'happy holidays' which is a shame.

*I am in now way religous.

You've hit the nail on the head there. That's exactly what's happening!! Such a shame the old ads added so much to the magic of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Argos Christmas advert 2016

Lol, Harry and the Hendersons?

Lol, Harry and the Hendersons?

A cheap colorful knock off of him as well. Such a frustrating ad. Their 2014 ad was way better and that wasn't Christmassy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    Everyone meet Kevin:

That is so cute!

I love the imagination of Aldi's ad unlike the, ehm, some other brands, ehm, ehm.
    Very nice, kitten_k!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was just coming on to post about the aldi ad!! It's sooo good! And the Home Alone music in the background! A winner I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love it!!!

Although what's going to happen the carrot once Santa gets home?! :eek:

I love the Aldi ad!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Posy wrote: »
    I love it!!!

That's what I was thinking! :(

And his little carrot friends that were left dying beside the turkey...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Posy wrote: »
    I love it!!!

Don't watch the film Sausage Party!! :D

My issue with it is that all the food is laid out on Christmas Eve. What a waste. :pac:

It's lovely. Really different and clever.

The student who made his own version of the John Lewis has been offered a job as a result of it. How amazing is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

That's lovely, my favourite so far! I love when he leans up against the grater and says "oh great!".

https://www.fm104.ie/the-buzz/watch-first-look-at-john-lewis-christmas-ad/

How did we miss this today. The John Lewis teaser ad is here. Only ten seconds but I'm guessing that means the full ad is coming very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Alicat wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking! :(

And his little carrot friends that were left dying beside the turkey...

Yeah my mum actually saw this ad as being scary for children. They won't want to eat mr carrot now:(

Anyone see the Tesco ad? Ruth Jones thinking to herself about not thinking about Christmas in the supermarket aisle. Saw it three times now and I'm already bored.

Advertisement