Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I also saw the very.co.uk ad and it's quite sweet , the girl delivering presents and her love growing as she gives, then she wakes up to her own present and a big hug from her own little girl.

It's called get more out of giving. Sorry link won't work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sm-nvTYO6ZI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love the Aldi ad (clever using John Williams Home Alone 1 Music which I listened to yesterday in the car)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    It's seems Kevin's not done yet.

When I say Kevin, you say C. 😄
    #KevinTheCarrot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Loughc wrote: »

Yay! It could be like a mini-series of adverts :P Aldi one is my favourite so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yeah my mum actually saw this ad as being scary for children. They won't want to eat mr carrot now:(

Anyone see the Tesco ad? Ruth Jones thinking to herself about not thinking about Christmas in the supermarket aisle. Saw it three times now and I'm already bored.

Yes! It's the "oh we're not advertising Xmas but we're advertising Xmas" approach.
    The pair of characters are insufferable anyway in their normal ads.

Also if your clothes still "smell of bonfire" bloody wash them, aisle 9, get some detergent.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

John Lewis have released their second teaser clip, so I'm expecting that advert to drop very soon. Possibly even Friday :D

Update: Article here stating it's due for TV premiere this Friday evening. Second advert teaser available here too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bounce-dog-stars-second-john-9217894

Wasn't it released during Gogglebox last year? With Sainsbury's using the XFactor to launch their advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Tesco ads with the letters are so scripted and fake! Awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yes! It's the "oh we're not advertising Xmas but we're advertising Xmas" approach.
    The pair of characters are insufferable anyway in their normal ads.

Also if your clothes still "smell of bonfire" bloody wash them, aisle 9, get some detergent.

Well she is in Tesco :)

• Advertisement

That Aldi ad has Jim Broadbent doing the voiceover in the UK.
    I forgot how much I love the Home Alone score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just got an email from Boots with their ad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You beat me to it Kitten K - it's a terrible ad if you ask me.......not Christmassy at all, not even Christmas music in it :(

Also, I only now made the connection with the name of the carrot in the aldi ad, along with the home alone music.....at least, I think there must be a connection!

7... Disgusted! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

John Lewis advert has been released online this morning at 8. Can't link as I'm on my phone but it's on YouTube!!

Here we go. John Lewis 2016. #BusterTheBoxer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

It kinda kills the notion of Santa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    John Lewis advert has been released online this morning at 8. Can't link as I'm on my phone but it's on YouTube!!

They mentioned it on the radio this morning and then started talking about what was in it. No idea how much was described because I lunged at the radio so it wasn't spoiled for me.

Wasn't sure about it at the start but I love how it ends! I got goosebumps. If it hadn't already, Christmas has now officially started!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Advertisement

Stole their thunder last year, hat tip to them this year, well played Aldi.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I wasn't mad about the John Lewis teaser ads and although I love the dog in the full ad, he's just not in it enough. It's kinda cute but just not doing it for me I'm afraid. I do love Kevin the Carrot though :D

The Aldi ones are still my favourite. Like the John Lewis one but they have done better ones.

Love this one from John Lewis (2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Love the John Lewis ad. Our boxer used to jump on the trampoline with us.... I thought he was a once-off.

I have now come to realise that all boxer dogs are secretly plotting to jump on trampolines :D Lol

Great ad by John Lewis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Wasn't there a YouTube video of foxes jumping on a trampoline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭droidman123

This just oozes class

https://youtu.be/KC-pqYT_Rmc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well that was a nice surprise to wake up to! I love Aldi's reply too so funny :D

lambayire wrote: »
    It kinda kills the notion of Santa though.

This ad was on last year and people were saying the same thing about it ruining the idea of Santa. Paypal ended up agreeing to only show it after the watershed.

Once again The Simpsons predictions are coming true :D:D

14947953_1258169930893297_3132764427766754242_n.jpg?oh=4640d0779587fb409b2c6e9ec88a2bd9&oe=5891C87C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I have to be honest - I don't like this years John Lewis ad. The first scene with dad in the garden ruins in. I'm a grown adult and I know the truth, but love the magic of Santa. I don't need to see the reality on a tv ad.

I loved last year's Aldi ad - beat John Lewis hands down

Advertisement