Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2016

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brian2011 wrote: »
    That one with the guy talking abut the potato stuffing from his mother does my head in, can't watch it, have to change channel! he talks about this potato stuffing like its the best thing ever, you'd swear it was hard to make! :(

Same. It sounds so false.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Also I'm not a fan of potatoes so potato stuffing sounds ick!

Tesco have sent out here's to the hosts blank letters. Have others gotten this? What do you think?

2nautc0.jpg

euh4dk.jpg

I got one of them with my clubcard statement.
    I thought it was a nice touch. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I got one of them with my clubcard statement.
    I thought it was a nice touch. :)

I like it. It's a great piece of branding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I think the one for the Ilac centre is fairly lame....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

kitten_k wrote: »

I like it - bit of a slow burner but quirky! Reminds me of a Wes Anderson movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I like it - bit of a slow burner but quirky! Reminds me of a Wes Anderson movie

It was directed by Wes Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

I really like it, not that its that Christmassy, I dont know, just like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Very reminiscent of The Grand Budapest Hotel which I adore...love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Saw it last night, and despite being a Wes Anderson fan it didn't really do much for me... thought it could have been better.

Though I'm starting to think, as I get older the adverts simply aren't as good as they used to be, they're being over thought or are too restricted by the PC brigade to resemble my idea of a christmas advert... I must have a hankering for nostalgia or something... most of the new stuff simply doesn't match the memories of youth.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm just thankful the old An Post, Kelloggs, Budwiser and Coca-Cola ads can be found on Youtube, I must make a playlist of them all. You are right the old ads will never be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm just thankful the old An Post, Kelloggs, Budwiser and Coca-Cola ads can be found on Youtube, I must make a playlist of them all. You are right the old ads will never be beaten.

I already made a playlist of my fav's... :o I nearly play that as much as the music ones in the 2 weeks before crimbo.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Westeros wrote: »
    For those of you who haven't seen it yet...

Macy's Christmas Advert 2016 - #OldFriends
    I just seen this yesterday- don't know how I missed it!!

What a lovely ad. :)
    And nice and Christmassy, which so many this year are lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is that the Glenroe priest in the Macy's advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet...

I don't even know what it's an ad for, but it IS a Christmas ad and it's absolutely adorable. DO watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU5Rnd-HM6A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Just saw the Guinness ad. Love it! Had heard rumours of its demise, so relieved to see finally see it. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Day Lewin wrote: »

I don't even know what it's an ad for, but it IS a Christmas ad and it's absolutely adorable. DO watch!

The bit with the duck is hilarious! I need to stop watching these though, I'm bawling crying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Day Lewin wrote: »

Wow! What an excellent ad! I really should refrain from chopping onions while watching ads like these........!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"While shepherds watched their flocks by night..."

Ok. It's from a few years ago. But it is an ad, for Samsung (apparently)

I really MUST get off blinkin' Youtube and do some work....but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Alicat wrote: »
    Oh no, it's lovely! It just doesn't beat the Lidl one for me as the best ad we've had this Christmas :)

Anybody know where the house is located??

I'm assuming it's somewhere in the Wicklow mountains...maybe Glenmalure...but just curious...

Oh Tesco where was this week's ago. This is much better.

https://www.facebook.com/christmasfm/videos/10154448891621387/

Advertisement