Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card transaction charged twice

Options
  • 04-10-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

I seem to have been charged twice at my hotel yesterday, the lady said it did not go through the first time, and I had to re-enter my pin, but now it appears as having been debited twice on my online statement. Do I need to take any action to rectify this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

mike2084 wrote: »
    I seem to have been charged twice at my hotel yesterday, the lady said it did not go through the first time, and I had to re-enter my pin, but now it appears as having been debited twice on my online statement. Do I need to take any action to rectify this?

Thanks
    Good morning mike2084,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

While we don't have account access to investigate this here, this duplicate transaction may be what we call shadow posting. This can occur when a retailer cancels or voids a payment after we have authorised it. It can take up to five working days to adjust back to your account.

If the duplicate transaction is not removed from your account in the next five working days, please let us know and we can guide you through the steps to dispute this.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that for next few days.

Advertisement