Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instrumental Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk - Band Wanted

Options
  • 04-10-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

The Headhunters, Billy Cobham, George Duke, The Roots, Breakestra, Snarky Puppy, Vulfpeck. Like their music? I do, and I would be interested in meeting with other musicians who would like to jam this style of music. I'm hoping to start up a group with the aim of covering and potentially creating an instrumental style Funk/ Jazz /Hip Hop type a thing.

I'm primarily seeking a Drummer who is interested and competent in this style of playing.

A Keys player who is comfortable lashing on some synth lead lines.

And last but not least, a Guitarist who could chance his arm at a bit of Zappa noodling.

Styles and influences are many and varied, but the aim is to play a Funk, Jazz, Instrumental Hip Hop set. I myself am a Bass player who has played, extensively over the last 20 odd years in everything from Black Metal to Blue Grass. Both as a band member and a hired hand. But my real interest is playing along to these types of music. I'm also interested in hearing new ideas and suggestions and any introductions to new groups that people might have.

If this sounds of interest to you and you'd be interested in having a jam, send us a PM. I am based in Dublin, so might suit other Dublin based people (for now at least)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ziondave

Hi there,

I know this is a relatively old post but was looking through boards to see if anyone with similar interests was looking to form a band in Dublin.

Wouldn’t be a fan of Vulfpeck but the others are all great.

Anyway, I’m a keyboard/synth player and was in a few bands in Cork but not playing with anyone up in Dublin.

Feel free to give a shout if you’re still thinking of putting something together.

Cheers,

Dave

Advertisement