Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings account - Only direct debit?

Options
  • 05-10-2016 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi guys,

Was interested in opening a 365 savings account and had a few questions. 
    From what I understand, a direct debit will be done every month to that account. 
    Can I change that amount when I want?
    If not can I make direct transfers to that account from my current account?
    If I have more than expected at the end of the month I would like to be able to move it out of my main account so being able to transfer it to the savings one would be ideal. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Vince086 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was interested in opening a 365 savings account and had a few questions. 
    From what I understand, a direct debit will be done every month to that account. 
    Can I change that amount when I want?
    If not can I make direct transfers to that account from my current account?
    If I have more than expected at the end of the month I would like to be able to move it out of my main account so being able to transfer it to the savings one would be ideal. 
    Good morning Vince086,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can indeed change the amount of your monthly direct debit to a 365 Monthly Saver account. When logged in via 365 Online, please select our 'Service Desk' facility. Within this facility, please select the 'Ask A Question' option and submit your amendment request here. A colleague will reply to you and advise that the amount has been adjusted for you.

This account type can accept monthly deposits via direct debit - it is not possible to make manual, ad hoc transfers to this account type.

I hope this information helps. Please get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement