Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail Inbox completely empty!

Options
  • 05-10-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,
    i logged onto my Hotmail account yesterday to find my entire inbox empty!!! :mad: i hadn't accidentally deleted any emails. I've contacted Microsoft and am waiting to hear back now...
    has this ever happened anyone else? what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Does Hotmail have a feature where you can check when and where you've logged into your account from? If so, are there any strange logins there?

Pop your e-mail address in here https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and see if it says anything. Note this doesn't cover the Yahoo breach.

Do/Did you have a Yahoo account and if so, are you using the same password?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sin1981

I don't think hotmail has this feature.

I used the link you posts, and when I enter my email it says it has been pawned. :(
    I mostly access my hotmail from work (good protection I would have thought!)...

I don't have a yahoo account.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Somebody probably connected a POP client and pulled all the mail. By default this will delete it from the server.

Dont reuse passwords.

Advertisement