Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line stuck on low speed profile.

Options
  • 05-10-2016 8:50am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I got e-fibre installed on Monday. The speeds I'm currently getting are 7mb down and 1mb up, I have rang tech support the past two evenings and both times I was told my line is capable of 60mb down and 20mb up, both times they said  the line was just on a low profile and they were switching it there and then.

The person on monday said to ring again yesterday evening if the speeds hadn't improved by then so I did, the person I spoke to yesterday evening said they changed the profile to 60mb down 20mb up and it should improve some time throughout the evening. I tested the line again this morning  before heading to work and I'm still only getting 7mb down 1mb.

Would anyone mind looking into this for me? I'll likely be ringing tech support again this evening but it would be great if someone here had it sorted before I get home later.

Thanks,

Mickeroo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I got e-fibre installed on Monday. The speeds I'm currently getting are 7mb down and 1mb up, I have rang tech support the past two evenings and both times I was told my line is capable of 60mb down and 20mb up, both times they said  the line was just on a low profile and they were switching it there and then.

The person on monday said to ring again yesterday evening if the speeds hadn't improved by then so I did, the person I spoke to yesterday evening said they changed the profile to 60mb down 20mb up and it should improve some time throughout the evening. I tested the line again this morning  before heading to work and I'm still only getting 7mb down 1mb.

Would anyone mind looking into this for me? I'll likely be ringing tech support again this evening but it would be great if someone here had it sorted before I get home later.

Thanks,

Mickeroo
    Hi Mickeroo,

Thanks for getting in touch. It can usually take 24-48 working hours for a line profile change to take effect. Apologies for any confusion caused. You should notice this taking effect soon.

-Pamela 

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Mickeroo
    Hi Mickeroo,

Thanks for getting in touch. It can usually take 24-48 working hours for a line profile change to take effect. Apologies for any confusion caused. You should notice this taking effect soon.

-Pamela 
    OK Pamela, thanks, I'll give it another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Mickeroo
    Hi Mickeroo,

-Pamela 
    OK Pamela, thanks, I'll give it another day.
    No problem Mickeroo :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement