Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phillips Airfryer £79

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I ordered an AirFryer and it was meant to be delivered on the 25th November. The airfryer isn't in stock now on Amazon, not sure what is going on. I checked my tracking number but An Post doesn't recognise it.

I got on to Amazon customer care and they offered me a refund + £10. Took it and might just get it in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

Is this really good value? Its listed as having 5 in my local Argos. Says down from circa €360.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

Mine never arrived either, customer service said an post said they never received it, have two other orders from amazon missing as well. They said they would refund the shipping and resend it, wonder now will that happen if it's out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Air fryer back up to €125 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Same thing has happened to me. Ordered on the 17th, shipped on the 21st and expected delivery on the 23rd. It says it's with an post but the tracking number doesn't work. Amazon say that an post lost it.

Anyway I got a refund yesterday but they wouldn't give me anything extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Similar story. Mine was due to arrive on the 22nd and didn't. Emailed yesterday and they said it was lost by the courier. They re-ordered it but it is currently out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kn wrote: »
    Is this really good value? Its listed as having 5 in my local Argos. Says down from circa €360.

the €360 figure is crazy, saw it the other day maybe they did have them up for attempted sale at that price, if they did they would have sold none and it was just a marketing trick so they can legally say it is now "less than half price", it has to have been the higher price for a certain number of days. This might not apply with online pricing, not sure.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5784709/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7C19780844%7CSmall+kitchen+appliances%7C14418587/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418587%7CFryers%7C14418598.htm

DID show the RRP at €230, they sell it for 140, and you'd be made to have paid RRP as it is always available for less.

http://www.did.ie/philips-airfryer-hd9220-20-prd

They're back in stock all of a sudden at just under £100. Surprise surprise. I wonder did they actually send them out in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My wife ordered one,was meant to arrive on the 23rd. She contacted Amazon yesterday and the guy was abit of an arsehole to her saying that it was her fault for buying a product that was out of stock.When she told him the item was in stock when she bought it as she got a message saying it was ready for dispatch from Doncaster,he shut up and refunded her without even asking if she wanted a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭garvm

My wife ordered one,was meant to arrive on the 23rd. She contacted Amazon yesterday and the guy was abit of an arsehole to her saying that it was her fault for buying a product that was out of stock.When she told him the item was in stock when she bought it as she got a message saying it was ready for dispatch from Doncaster,he shut up and refunded her without even asking if she wanted a refund.

I just got an order cancelled/refund email and got onto Amazon chat. They told me to reorder and they adjusted the order price back down to the price I originally paid. Might be worth giving that a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

garvm wrote: »
    I just got an order cancelled/refund email and got onto Amazon chat. They told me to reorder and they adjusted the order price back down to the price I originally paid. Might be worth giving that a shot.

They did nothing for me. Same item, same issue.

"Arun Kumar: Thank you for staying connected.
    I wish I could have assisted you with the refund of the difference in the price of the item. However, our system is not allowing us to do so. Our prices may increase or decrease based on a number of factors and unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund for the difference between the previous lower price and the higher price you saw on our website.
    Please see our Help pages ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/returns ) for additional information about returns and refunds."

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭garvm

fleet wrote: »

I wish I could have assisted you with the refund of the difference in the price of the item. However, our system is not allowing us to do so. Our prices may increase or decrease based on a number of factors and unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund for the difference between the previous lower price and the higher price you saw on our website.
    Please see our Help pages ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/returns ) for additional information about returns and refunds."

Sorry to hear that. I must have got lucky. Tesco Direct have them for £70 if you don't mind using Parcel Motel or similar service,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

fleet wrote: »

speak to the chat agent, if they refuse, end chat and at the end provide negative feedback on the form. you will get an option to call escalation team. i did the same. got a call from them and they sorted it out for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

£66.49 now on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE. I presume those of you buying are having it sent by Parcel Motel?

EDITED TO ADD: I see it qualifies for free shipping to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Same happened me but it was warehouse deal, £51.80, no luck with chat even after escalation.

• Advertisement

leck wrote: »
    £66.49 now on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE. I presume those of you buying are having it sent by Parcel Motel?

EDITED TO ADD: I see it qualifies for free shipping to Ireland.

Cheers, I reordered this (at £66.49) after getting a full refund and £10 compensation for the non delivery of my previous order last week (at the price of £70).

Looks like my one is finally out for delivery! Tracking number working with an post and all! What happens now? I've been refunded already, will they be looking for their money back?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Mine just arrived! A week and a half after Amazon cancelled and refunded me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

mine arrived today also , 2 days before the replacement sent out is supposed to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Looks like my one is finally out for delivery! Tracking number working with an post and all! What happens now? I've been refunded already, will they be looking for their money back?!

Did you receive it & did Amazon re-charge you? Mine arrived today, and the replacement order is also due for delivery today - the email they sent me said to refuse the delivery of the original if it arrived if I didnt want it, and if i did want it to contact them and they'll charge me again. What I'm wondering is how much they'll charge me!

• Advertisement

swervring wrote: »
    Did you receive it & did Amazon re-charge you? Mine arrived today, and the replacement order is also due for delivery today - the email they sent me said to refuse the delivery of the original if it arrived if I didnt want it, and if i did want it to contact them and they'll charge me again. What I'm wondering is how much they'll charge me!

Nope, they didn't charge me for it! I didn't get a replacement sent out, just the original item. I got refunded but customer service said I don't need to pay again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Nope, they didn't charge me for it! I didn't get a replacement sent out, just the original item. I got refunded but customer service said I don't need to pay again.
    So free airfryer for you? Which model was this?

I just got my airfryer delivered yesterday that I ordered several years weeks ago. They gave me a full refund and £10 towards another purchase, which I used to buy a second airfryer! So now I have two for £55. Although part of me says I should contact them and tell them I got the first one I ordered..Karma and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Small model (analog version) £69 on Amazon today.
    Sterling good value at present also..
    About €80 at current rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Small model (analog version) £69 on Amazon today.
    Sterling good value at present also..
    About €80 at current rate.
    Exclusively for Prime Members
    This item at £69.00, is reserved for Prime members
    can only be bought by Prime members.

Advertisement