Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Car required for very short period

Options
  • 05-10-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

This is probably a long shot but here goes anyhow:

I'm getting married in Dublin and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can literally book a wedding car (any nice newish car) for 1 hour ?

Unfortunately my own motor isn't great and all the family and friends cars are full up already.

Most of the places seems to charge around $400 for 3 - 4 hours but since I only need it for a very short time I'd obviously like to pay less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What exactly are you looking for the car for? Weddings are regularly delayed so the hire service won't be able to allow just one hour.

Hailo premium could be an idea if you just want a nice car to drop you off, but it's not a wedding service.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭higgins_j

Looking for the car to just drive to nearby location (after mass is over) for few photos and back to the hotel, and thats if its dry on the day.

The church and hotel are basically 5 mins apart and we don't need the car to drive bride to the church either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Yes you'll probably only use the car for less than an hour but it'll be to be on standby for a longer period as they cannot risk over booking.

I've been to weddings where the ceremony was half an hour late because the traffic was so bad that all the guests were late, you just don't know!

If the venue is so close can one car not do a double run from the church to the hotel?

Ya I reckon the double run might be the way to do it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Check out some vintage clubs/car clubs in the area somewhere they might be able to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

A fancy taxi/hackney?
    This is from a Google search https://www.executivetaxis.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Just another perspective on it: if a wedding car business takes on this appointment, apart from the risk of it taking longer than planned they may have to turn down another 3-4 hour appointment that they'd be earning more on if it falls within that time period. Most businesses probably set a minimum engagement fee for that reason regardless of time.

I'd be looking at something like Hailo Premium, or one of the taxies that services hotels like the Fitzwilliam (a walk by there during the day might net you some options).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Is there anyone you know with a nice car, modern merc etc that will do you a favour for the hour or so. Chuck them 50/100 quid for it.....handy earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

When I got married I only needed a car to pick me up from my home (along with my mother and bridesmaid) and drive to the church 15 minutes away. I just called a local taxi company and asked if they had any nice cars. They provided a merc and I didn't even have to pay! They just asked that I recommend them to our guests when they were looking for taxis home after the wedding

nice :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

:) I know, I couldn't believe it as I was happy to pay!

Advertisement