Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund Due?

Options
  • 05-10-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I eventually closed my eir account to move to a different supplier. This was back in March or April and after a bit of a rigmarole with returning my modem (which no one asked me to return when i closed the account) and the evision box (which I had to offer to return as eir didn't ask for it back) I eventually got my account closed with a credit of €23.32 on my account. I waited patiently for this to be returned to me and eventually rang on 13/9/16 to be told a cheque would issue in 10 working days. There is still no sign of a cheque and it has been over 15 working days. Can someone please contact me with an update?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Same boat here. Promised a refund, told it would arrive by in 30 days. Given a ref number. No cheque. Was going to wait patiently but it seems you don't get what's owed unless you kick up a fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

JamBar123 wrote: »
    So I eventually closed my eir account to move to a different supplier. This was back in March or April and after a bit of a rigmarole with returning my modem (which no one asked me to return when i closed the account) and the evision box (which I had to offer to return as eir didn't ask for it back) I eventually got my account closed with a credit of €23.32 on my account. I waited patiently for this to be returned to me and eventually rang on 13/9/16 to be told a cheque would issue in 10 working days. There is still no sign of a cheque and it has been over 15 working days. Can someone please contact me with an update?
    Hi  JamBar123,

Thanks for getting in touch. The cheque refund process can take up to 30 days I'm afraid. Apologies for any miscommunication.

-Pamela 

SteoL wrote: »
    Same boat here. Promised a refund, told it would arrive by in 30 days.  Given a ref number. No cheque. Was going  to wait patiently  but it seems you don't get what's owed unless you kick up a fuss.
    Hi  SteoL,

I'm sorry to hear this. How long have you been waiting?

-Pamela 

Hi  SteoL,

-Pamela 

24th Aug it was allegedly escalated to Back Office team. Ref is 2318836. Shouldn't have to chase but it seems it's the only way to get it processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JamBar123

Thanks for the reply, I will wait patiently for another few weeks.

• Advertisement

JamBar123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I will wait patiently for another few weeks.
    No problem  JamBar123, if you want me to follow up on this at any time please feel free to PM me.

-Pamela 

Hi  SteoL,

-Pamela 

24th Aug it was allegedly escalated to Back Office team. Ref is 2318836. Shouldn't have to chase but it seems it's the only way to get it processed.
    I'm looking into this now  SteoL.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks.
    No problem  SteoL,

-Pamela 

No problem  SteoL,

-Pamela 

Pamela
    I received and replied to your PM. Telling me a final bill is to be issued despite the fact I already received a final bill in August is a joke. At this stage I'm fed up with your company. I have logged a complaint and am going to be getting onto COMREG. It's only €23 but it's the principle of the matter. Where it reversed and I owed Eir the money I'd be receiving threatening letters from debt collectors.

Please advise your complaint department to contact me via email only.

• Advertisement

No problem  SteoL,

-Pamela 

Pamela
    I received and replied to your PM. Telling me a final bill is to be issued despite the fact I already received a final bill in August is a joke. At this stage I'm fed up with your company. I have logged a complaint and am going to be getting  onto COMREG. It's only €23 but it's the principle of the matter. Where it reversed and I owed Eir the money I'd be receiving threatening letters from debt collectors.

Please advise your complaint department to contact me via email only.
    No problem SteoL,
    Unfortunately this was not the final bill and another bill was issued after this. As soon as the final bill is issued your cheque will be issued. If you have logged a complaint they complaints team will contact you directly in relation to this, you can view the complaints process here http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

-Pamela 

As a matter of courtesy thought I would post to advise I received my cheque today. It actually turned into a relatively painless process in the end so thank you.

As a matter of courtesy thought I would post to advise I received my cheque today. It actually turned into a relatively painless process in the end so thank you.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem at all [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]thanks for the update.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Pamela,

What is going on? Why are you sending my details to debt collectors when you have refunded me the final amount you owed to me? I am furious.

Pamela,

What is going on? Why are you sending my details to debt collectors when you have refunded me the final amount you owed to me? I am furious.

Eir have confirmed no balance is due. Why were my details sent to a third party?

Pamela,

What is going on?  Why are you sending my details to debt collectors when you have refunded me the final amount you owed to me?  I am furious.

Eir have confirmed no balance is due. Why were my details sent to a third party?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have replied to you on the other thread.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement