Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How hot water works in Dublin apartment

• 05-10-2016 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello!
    I am from France and about to buy an apartment in Dublin. It has one of those huge water tank to heat water. I dont really understand the different ways to supply hot water for a flat but I hope I would be able to set up a smaller and more efficient system to have instant hot water at high pressure as we have in France in all apartments.
    The building also has Gas Fired Central Heating apparently.
    Does anyone know of a better alternative to that big hot water tank thing. I have used those in previous flats, it doesnt allow instant hot water, it takes up loads of space and makes a lot of noise when the water heats...

Sorry if those questions seem silly but I really do not know about plumbing in Ireland :)

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 junglejim1

Are you using a gas fired boiler to heat the water in the cylinder? Or is it heated electrically?
    If you want rid of the cylinder you would have to install a combi boiler which heats the water instantaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelle85

junglejim1 wrote: »
    Are you using a gas fired boiler to heat the water in the cylinder? Or is it heated electrically?
    If you want rid of the cylinder you would have to install a combi boiler which heats the water instantaneously.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Im not sure, I will be back in the property next week and will check but I have a feeling its electrically heated like past flats I lived in.
    I heard about those combi boilers, they look like what is commonly used in France so that would be great to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The tall green tank is a cold water store as well as a hot water store.

You can't necessarily install a combi in an apartment even if there is gas there.

You really need to find out for sure about the gas heating. Most likely, if it is there, it also heats the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelle85

Thanks,

I will find out next week what the story is exactly and see then what my options are.

Advertisement