Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants next door...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

pilly wrote: »
    Guys, there really is not need for the abuse been thrown at the OP over this post. She simply has a concern.

Do none of you worry about who has moved in next door to you? Especially if you have children.

Its more that she brought up that the tenants are lads.

Were I to start a thread saying i was fearfull of 4 young women moving in next door just in case they started having raucous out of control ann summers parties, and start building a battlepack of numbers to call, i'd be laughed out of it, and rightly so.

OP is being nosey and "slightly" overreacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

BobPresto wrote: »
    This was well stirred be I got here.

Well think I have sufficient replies/advice/abuse on the topic, I'm 100% informed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 stanley1989

Have you tried introducing yourself? Welcoming them to the area etc, finding out a bit about them?

Lol are you serious !
    That's even worse talk about being nosey.I know exactly where I'd tell you to go
    Typical nosey irish and yes I am irish awell btw just not nosey like the rest of yous

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Its more that she brought up that the tenants are lads.

Were I to start a thread saying i was fearfull of 4 young women moving in next door just in case they started having raucous out of control ann summers parties, and start building a battlepack of numbers to call, i'd be laughed out of it, and rightly so.

OP is being nosey and "slightly" overreacting.

Sorry but lads just are louder by nature, not saying that's wrong it just is the way it is generally speaking, same as young lads generally get hammered on car insurance, is it fair? Maybe not but that's life. Im allowed to be a little concerned when a group of young lads move into a very much family estate right next door to me, I've done nothing to them, not reported them to anyone so don't see how I'm being dramatic just asking a question. I'm on my own with kids in house quite a bit when my husband isn't here and it is slightly intimidating knowing there is a bunch of lads next door and they aren't irish so I wouldn't be entirely comfortable knocking on the door and being like 'hey mind keeping it down,?' I've no idea what their English is like or how they would react so I would prefer to know in the event of a problem is it the landlord or agent, that is all really. Not sure why that is so difficult for some posters to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Thestones wrote: »
    Sorry but lads just are louder by nature, not saying that's wrong it just is the way it is generally speaking, same as young lads generally get hammered on car insurance, is it fair? Maybe not but that's life. Im allowed to be a little concerned when a group of young lads move into a very much family estate right next door to me, I've done nothing to them, not reported them to anyone so don't see how I'm being dramatic just asking a question. I'm on my own with kids in house quite a bit when my husband isn't here and it is slightly intimidating knowing there is a bunch of lads next door and they aren't irish so I wouldn't be entirely comfortable knocking on the door and being like 'hey mind keeping it down,?' I've no idea what their English is like or how they would react so I would prefer to know in the event of a problem is it the landlord or agent, that is all really. Not sure why that is so difficult for some posters to grasp.

Stop while your ahead OP, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

BobPresto wrote: »
    Stop while your ahead OP, please.

Is it the greeks father?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Rory28 wrote: »
    Is it the greeks father?
    feckin' greeks!

If there is an admin on here can this thread be closed now? Thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Scotland's favorite pint Tennents....if only Tennant's drank Carlsberg or is it Heineken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

I see the pitch forks are out and the sheeple are after a piece of the action too. Pathetic.

Op, having had a very bad run of renting neighbours behind me, I can understand your concerns when anyone new moves next door.

I think you may be worrying prematurely, see how you get on with them first. It would do no harm to say hello to them in passing, so if you do have any problems you might be able to chat to them yourself. But until such a time, they have a clean slate and treat them so.

Someone else mentioned possible shift hours being a reason why they have curtains drawn, but if they aren't Irish this isn't uncommon. It's just a cultural thing, I've noticed a bit.

In the event that something occurs, and you feel you can't get through to them, then the landlords number is good thing to have. But as I said, say hello when you see them. They might be the nicest guys going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Ginger83

We bought house and moved in, we only crossed over with previous tenants for a brief time.

As far as i'm aware if the LL put out tenants claiming the house is for sale, doesn't make reasonable effort to sell (a few months sounds dodgy and sounds like he was looking for more rent but could have had his hands tied with new laws) and re-rents it he's obliged to give the previous tenants 1st refusal at the original agreement,rent,etc.

If the previous tenants get wind of this the LL could have an illegal eviction case on his/her hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

I know that is a little bit OT.

But what´s the matter with the curtains? Do the people have to be visible trough their windows?

Ginger83 wrote: »
    As far as i'm aware if the LL put out tenants claiming the house is for sale, doesn't make reasonable effort to sell (a few months sounds dodgy and sounds like he was looking for more rent but could have had his hands tied with new laws) and re-rents it he's obliged to give the previous tenants 1st refusal at the original agreement,rent,etc.

If the previous tenants get wind of this the LL could have an illegal eviction case on his/her hands.

He never even put it on the market, just had it empty a few months. Anyway that's not my concern and I don't even have the previous tenants contact but they may well get wind from one of the other neighbours as they made friends with a few of them over the years I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

vmb wrote: »
    I know that is a little bit OT.

But what´s the matter with the curtains? Do the people have to be visible trough their windows?

Could be using drugs you see, Maybe their eye pupils cant take the light

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Christ I only asked if there is a problem who should I contact! I've never actually lived beside renters before believe it or not so not sure what one does if noise does become an issue! That's all

''I've never actually lived beside renters before'' ? Have they gone Feral ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

OP got their answer. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement