Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FtA and SkyBox signal problem?

• 05-10-2016 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭

I have sky box in sitting room, with old sky box in bedroom, (fta channels)
    If I'm watching the sky box in the sitting room, and the fta box is switched on , I lose signal to the sky box ??

Anyone have any help??!!??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Are both receivers connected separately to the LNB on the dish?

If so the LNB on the dish could be the source of the fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yes, they are connected separately ....
    Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes, they are connected separately ....
    Ta.

What The Cush meant was is there 2 separate cables coming from the dish (assuming that you only have one cable going to the main room)

They may be connected separately at each box in each room, but at a guess someone has junctioned that cable somewhere.

You havent got a cable coming from the Sky box to the room upstairs by any chance ?

You cannot use one cable from the dish to feed two separate boxes.

STB. wrote: »
    What The Cush meant was is there 2 separate cables coming from the dish (assuming that you only have one cable going to the main room)

They may be connected separately at each box in each room, but at a guess someone has junctioned that cable somewhere.

You havent got a cable coming from the Sky box to the room upstairs by any chance ?

You cannot use one cable from the dish to feed two separate boxes.

There are 4 cables on the LNB .
    2 for the 'main' Sky box, and 1 cable for each of the other 2 boxes with fta .
    There has never been a problem until recently, and the 'other' fta box is fine.

I did the cable myself, and its straight from the LNB into the box in upstairs bedroom.

I checked the lnb at the weekend, and all cables are tight , and the dish and lnb are in position...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

greenspurs wrote: »
    There are 4 cables on the LNB .
    2 for the 'main' Sky box, and 1 cable for each of the other 2 boxes with fta .
    There has never been a problem until recently, and the 'other' fta box is fine.

Is it possible to swap over the cables from the FTA boxes at the LNB to see if the problem remains at the same LNB output?

• Advertisement

good idea ! will try that !

Advertisement