Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i phone 6s

Options
  • 05-10-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Charging taking 7 hours from zero on my daughters phone

Can this be right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Certainly doesn't ... try using another cable and charger if you have access to one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hw are you charging it? via the mains or a computer USB port?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Sono

blingrhino wrote: »
    Charging taking 7 hours from zero on my daughters phone

Can this be right?

Has to be a non apple certified charger but even still that's crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Hw are you charging it? via the mains or a computer USB port?

she was charging it and using at the same time which i heard is a bad idea.

i told her to charge it fully overnight.

she NEVER turns it off is that a problem ?

all ios thingy things are up to date

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If she's using it at the same time I could easily see it taking 6 hours to charge fully, especially if she's playing games or running intensive apps. Nothing wrong with it but will take longer to charge fully obviously.

Never turning it off is fine. Most people don't except to restart when required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I think if you put the phone into airplane mode it will charge a lot quicker, possibly twice as fast but using the screen whilst charging will take forever. someone told me that a ipad charger will also charge the phone quicker but I have not tried that myself.

Advertisement