Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife's card left into branch

Options
  • 05-10-2016 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife's card fell out of her wallet on Monday and a kind soul handed it in to the BOI branch in Kill of the Grange. They rang her and she asked could it be posted but was told no. She had to contact me to find out of I could go out and get it and has been trying to get in touch with that branch since to no avail.

Really poor customer service. Can someone please get in touch with her (I'll PM you details when you get back to me)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Synode wrote: »
    Hi,

My wife's card fell out of her wallet on Monday and a kind soul handed it in to the BOI branch in Kill of the Grange. They rang her and she asked could it be posted but was told no. She had to contact me to find out of I could go out and get it and has been trying to get in touch with that branch since to no avail.

Really poor customer service. Can someone please get in touch with her (I'll PM you details when you get back to me)
    Good afternoon Synode,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

For security reasons, our branch staff are unable to post out live cards. If your wife is unable to collect the card in branch, please ask her to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 where an adviser can cancel this card and post out a new one.

We are very sorry that you feel this way. We can assure you that this policy is in place to protect our customers' accounts.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hi,

Good afternoon Synode,

For security reasons, our branch staff are unable to post out live cards. If your wife is unable to collect the card in branch, please ask her to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 where an adviser can cancel this card and post out a new one.

We are very sorry that you feel this way. We can assure you that this policy is in place to protect our customers' accounts.

Many thanks,
    Richard
    This is ridiculous. Can she get someone else to collect the card on her behalf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Hi,

Good afternoon Synode,

Many thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Synode,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The staff in the branch can only release the card to the card holder upon inspection of photo ID.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hi,

Good afternoon Synode,

Many thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Synode,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The staff in the branch can only release the card to the card holder upon inspection of photo ID.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Very helpful BOI. Very helpful indeed. Thanks for nothing 

Advertisement