Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic Driving Lessons

• 05-10-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys anyone have recommendations for C1 driving lessons in Dublin?

How many lessons did you get before your test how did you find learning to drive C1 if you had already had your car licence etc.

Any advice? Waiting times for test?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Hi guys anyone have recommendations for C1 driving lessons in Dublin?

How many lessons did you get before your test how did you find learning to drive C1 if you had already had your car licence etc.

Any advice? Waiting times for test?
    Many places dont have a c1 vehicle as its not worth their while. Most offer the full C which if you pass gives you the c1 also.

There are a load of companies in Dublin, ring them all are see which feels best for you. Not sure if we are allowed to name companies here but i done my lessons in a driving school near the AIRPORT ;) in a big red merc actros. Found them great and passed after 6 lessons and a pretest or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I was ringing different places about this. Naas do C1 lessons. Other only do C lessons.
    Apparentaly, waiting time is very long and some recommend to book test straight after getting learner permit. I've been told that it takes 8-10 hours practise to pass the test on average. I don't know how true this is. I'm in the same dilemma as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

I did the full C was fine got 5 2 hour lessons and pre test passed first time

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Timmy.Sheridan

Not having trouble finding providers as I'm in dublin and a few places seem to be offering c1. I don't have my C permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Not having trouble finding providers as I'm in dublin and a few places seem to be offering c1. I don't have my C permit

Do you mind me asking which one are those if you're allowed? I had trouble finding any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Timmy.Sheridan

Hana98 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking which one are those if you're allowed? I had trouble finding any.
    One company offered 600 for 8 hours worth of lessons + the truck for the test or 65euro per hour.

Another company quoted 750 or 720ish for lessons and test and they charged about 70/5 per hour for lessons

Advertisement