Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Account

Options
  • 05-10-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi,

Asking a question around my parents account. Don't need anything specific to do with the account so shouldn't be a problem to answer.

As far as I know they are still under contract (c. 13 months left of 18 month contract). We are looking to move to imagine as we are in a rural area with poor cables for broadband (max 0.7MB download) and imagine offer wireless internet which would improve our speeds.

They have mentioned they do the cancelling and porting of the account but just wondering does this incur a cancellation fee? If so how much is the cancellation fee? Also is there a line rental charge that remains payable to eir if and when the account is ported to imagine?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Asking a question around my parents account. Don't need anything specific to do with the account so shouldn't be a problem to answer.

As far as I know they are still under contract (c. 13 months left of 18 month contract). We are looking to move to imagine as we are in a rural area with poor cables for broadband (max 0.7MB download) and imagine offer wireless internet which would improve our speeds.

They have mentioned they do the cancelling and porting of the account but just wondering does this incur a cancellation fee? If so how much is the cancellation fee? Also is there a line rental charge that remains payable to eir if and when the account is ported to imagine?

Thanks
    Hi IR1SH RANG3R,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you choose to cancel your account while you are still in contract you would be required to pay the remaining 13 months of the contract. If you choose to keep your line rental with eir you would be required to pay this charge.

-Pamela 

Advertisement