Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online personal training qualification - ISSA/ITEC??

• 05-10-2016 5:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

I'm curious as to what is considered the best qualification to obtain, distance/online learning.
    The ISSA seems to be highly regarded but, I see it must be renewed every two years, which is not ideal.
    I understand that it is recognized throughout Europe however.
    The other main online PT course I could find was through ITEC, Irish training and education center, though I've never met anyone with this qualification.
    I don't know if it's recognized outside of Ireland.
    Also - which one is recognized and accepted by insurance companies is also pretty critical.
    Anyone have experience with these or any other distance learning programs??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Ramon1000 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what is considered the best qualification to obtain, distance/online learning.
    The ISSA seems to be highly regarded but, I see it must be renewed every two years, which is not ideal.
    I understand that it is recognized throughout Europe however.
    The other main online PT course I could find was through ITEC, Irish training and education center, though I've never met anyone with this qualification.
    I don't know if it's recognized outside of Ireland.
    Also - which one is recognized and accepted by insurance companies is also pretty critical.
    Anyone have experience with these or any other distance learning programs??
    any particular reason why you want to do the course?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Ramon1000

To work as a personal trainer??
    lol.
    I intend to qualify in physical therapy also.
    I already have certification as a boxing instructor.
    I just want the PT cert so I can use that to supplement my income also.

So - ISSA, ITEC??
    And what's the deal with these qualifications only lasting two years and needing to be renewed?

Sounds silly.
    The more experience you get, the better you would become.
    Probably a money making scam, putting a time constraint on the qualifications validity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Ramon1000

Oh and please, I'm just looking for information on the questions posed.

I don't need advice on how working as PT may or may not be a good career choice.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

sorry dude ive no clue about those courses

Advertisement