Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital won't refund overpayment

Options
  • 05-10-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My daughter had surgery last year in a private hospital, and on that day I paid the bill to the hospital. I then claimed the amount to my health insurance, however they re-paid the hospital instead of me.

I rang the hospital but they said they didn't receive any payments from the insurance company.

The question is, how can I get my money back from the hospital, or where can I refer a complaint about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

I would be going back to the insurer and asking them to confirm they did pay the hospital, they might follow it up for you, if they won't then ask them for amount/date/reference/method of payment etc so that you can go back to hospital and tell them look for the payment. If not referenced properly it could be gone into a suspense account or anything.

Once the payment has been traced then you have some chance of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Financial ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Surely if you made a claim and the health insurer paid the wrong party it's their problem. I would contact the insurer and ask them for the status of your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

ROVER wrote: »
    Surely if you made a claim and the health insurer paid the wrong party it's their problem. I would contact the insurer and ask them for the status of your claim.

This. Formal complaint then Financial Services Ombudsman.

Why did you pay the hospital?

Advertisement