Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 presale Jenny Greene and RTE concert orchestra

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable. She presses play on the CDs and the orchestra play along. There are plenty of people who enjoy sh!t music and sh!t gigs. I'm sure some of the people who stayed until the end at EP enjoyed it but that doesn't make it good. €200 all in for a night at this absolute insanity imo but each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

raven136 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/9g4zYVG-rjM

What it looked and sounded like done by Pete Tong

Was just about to post that the whole thing is a rip off of what Pete Tong did in the UK, and it was cheaper there with a far better orchestra and an actual proper dance music DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

To put it in context it's almost the same price as Jeff Mills with the Rte Orchestra in Bord Gais

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Oh sorry I didn't think ****e and enjoyable were the same thing ! Anyone actually looking forward to this beside me ? Rip off or not I wouldn't know a Pete tong song and hardcore dance is a bit repetitive to me you can't beat a sing along tune !

Is an orchestra not an orchestra ? Didn't realise there was better ones and bad ones is it not the same instruments?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    Oh sorry I didn't think ****e and enjoyable were the same thing ! Anyone actually looking forward to this beside me ? Rip off or not I wouldn't know a Pete tong song and hardcore dance is a bit repetitive to me you can't beat a sing along tune !

Is an orchestra not an orchestra ? Didn't realise there was better ones and bad ones is it not the same instruments?

Is an orchestra not an orchestra? Really? Do I ever need to answer that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

You're mad to engage. Just unfollow the thread and enjoy the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Yep us uncultured people who pay people to press play wouldnt know about those things !

ELI5 please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

MadYaker wrote: »
    but each to their own!

Now you're getting it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I did enjoy seeing these at EP, was fairly cool. Wouldn't buy a ticket for a standalone gig myself, but it's a decent show, definitely worth going to if you have a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Enjoyed the Pete Tong BBC Proms gig, albeit on telly. Did not enjoy the RTE gig at EP. Sound was poor, and imo, the tracks selected were inferior to the BBC choices. The Heritage orchestra for the Proms ran to a 70 piece set up, as opposed to the RTE concert orchestra's 48 for EP. It was a poor relation on a number of fronts. But maybe this outing will be better. If you're going, hope you enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

raven136 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/9g4zYVG-rjM

What it looked and sounded like done by Pete Tong
    The full set list. The jack ass singer at the end was a low point for but it was class and I wouldn't be a fan of pete tong but he did well with this.
    Think of going to manchester to this but tickets are pricey

1. Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now
    2. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
    3. The Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
    4. Robert Miles - Children
    5. ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come)
    6. Moby - Go
    7. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love
    8. Inner City - Good Life
    9. Orbital - Belfast
    10. The Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II
    11. Daft Punk - One More Time
    12. Alison Limmerick - Where Love Lives (Come On In)
    13. Vangelis - Rachel's Song (Perfecto Symphony Orchestra)
    14. Faithless - Insomnia
    15. Moby - Porcelain
    16. Rudimental - Waiting All Night
    17. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
    18. Rhythm is Rhythm - Strings of Life
    19. DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Knights of the Jaguar)
    20. Brainbug - Nightmare
    21. Energy 52 - Café del Mar
    22. Rudimental - Feel the Love
    23. The Source - You Got the Love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The full set list. The jack ass singer at the end was a low point for but it was class and I wouldn't be a fan of pete tong but he did well with this.
    Think of going to manchester to this but tickets are pricey

1. Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now
    2. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
    3. The Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
    4. Robert Miles - Children
    5. ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come)
    6. Moby - Go
    7. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love
    8. Inner City - Good Life
    9. Orbital - Belfast
    10. The Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II
    11. Daft Punk - One More Time
    12. Alison Limmerick - Where Love Lives (Come On In)
    13. Vangelis - Rachel's Song (Perfecto Symphony Orchestra)
    14. Faithless - Insomnia
    15. Moby - Porcelain
    16. Rudimental - Waiting All Night
    17. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
    18. Rhythm is Rhythm - Strings of Life
    19. DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Knights of the Jaguar)
    20. Brainbug - Nightmare
    21. Energy 52 - Café del Mar
    22. Rudimental - Feel the Love
    23. The Source - You Got the Love

Yeah John Newman added nothing to the last 2 songs
    But this was a top show by Pete Tong and the orchestra

Would much prefer to see this rather than Jenny Greene tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Went to this last night. Was average enough and nothing on the Ulster Orchestra version with Seb Fontaine earlier this year.

Had a vocalist for 90% of the tracks whereas I was hoping that the orchestra would be the focal point.

There was a large part of the music which clearly wasn't being produced by the orchestra too which was disappointing.

Advertisement