Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians in Kill?

Options
  • 05-10-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey there. Just moved to Kill and looking around for anyone who fancies a tune? 24 year old mandolin/tenor guitar player from the Orkney Islands in scotland who's into trad. Get in touch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Have you tried asking in The Dew Drop Inn? I know they used to have gigs there (probably still do) so I'm sure they'd know the local musicians. They might even let you play on a quiet night, in a dark, lonely corner. ;) That could be a starting point with locals to get others on board.

Or you could ask in the Trad forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

There's a Trad school up in Kilteel about 10 minutes away of you want to share the energy with beginners?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sherwood1991

Thanks chaps. Will ask around in the dewdrop tomorrow night when I nip in for a refreshment. May stick my head in to the trad school also. The way kids pick up instruments is scary, they would put me to shame without any bother.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You would be very welcome to join one of the Maynooth sessions if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sherwood1991

Hey moonbeam. Would you be able to give me a little more info on the whereabouts and times of the sessions in maynooth? Drop me a pm with your email if you want as I may ask for a short list of standards to come prepared. Thanks for getting in touch. Ross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Kilteel is the place to go for trad, comhaltas trad up there. They do trad lessons on a Monday night between 6 and 8pm (daughter playing mandolin) so you could pop up there and talk to one of the teachers about session. It's in the hall at the back of the pub.

Advertisement