Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website error transferred all my funds to pay Credit Card

Options
  • 05-10-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there,

Today I processed a payment to pay my credit card bill of €1000. I had €1400 in my account.
    However, when processing this payment I was directed to a web page. "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later." So I selected the Try Again button and this brought me to my home dashboard where all amounts remained the same. I checked my current account to see if the payment had gone through, and it hadn't so I tried again, and the same thing happened. So I followed the steps above again hoping I could get this payment through before the weekend. As I got the same result I decided to log out and back in and that's when I noticed my account in a minus balance of over €2500. 

I immediately called Banking 365, flustered as you can imagine as I couldn't believe what I was seeing as my balance.

I did get in touch with Danny in Premier Banking who was as helpful as he could be but my options were, to put it mildly.....lousy.

1) He could cancel it but I would have to wait 5 days to see this cancellation go through
    2) Wait until Friday and then if money has transferred to the card, remove money from credit card account and lodge it to my current account.
    3) If I do the latter, I can only withdraw €700 a day to lodge! So I would have to return to my bank 3 times to facilitate this, I do not have the luxury of time to do this.
    4) Pay overdraft charges, and then fees for withdrawing the cash from my credit card if I choose to do this.

This is ridiculous!

I now have no access to cash,and I don't know when I will. I have a savings account but does not have a bank card, so anything I transfer across will just pay off that balance, but I don't have enough to cover the minus balance. To get the bus to work tomorrow I have had to borrow cash from my neighbour, as I do not wish to withdraw from my credit card account and get charged. Thankfully I could use that to purchase groceries this evening.

I am strongly considering moving my accounts to another bank now because of this, I have friends who work at other banks who said their customers would not be left in such a situation. 

Question: Why is it that my account was able to transfer more cash than was available in my account to my credit card account. I thought you could only transfer available funds. If I wanted to withdraw more money than was in my account I would not be able.

Is there any way this can be rectified as I am facing sleepless nights with no available cash unless I explain this to a family member or friend to borrow and I should not have to do this.

Please Help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Hi there,

Today I processed a payment to pay my credit card bill of €1000. I had €1400 in my account.
    However, when processing this payment I was directed to a web page. "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later." So I selected the Try Again button and this brought me to my home dashboard where all amounts remained the same. I checked my current account to see if the payment had gone through, and it hadn't so I tried again, and the same thing happened. So I followed the steps above again hoping I could get this payment through before the weekend. As I got the same result I decided to log out and back in and that's when I noticed my account in a minus balance of over €2500. 

I immediately called Banking 365, flustered as you can imagine as I couldn't believe what I was seeing as my balance.

I did get in touch with Danny in Premier Banking who was as helpful as he could be but my options were, to put it mildly.....lousy.

1) He could cancel it but I would have to wait 5 days to see this cancellation go through
    2) Wait until Friday and then if money has transferred to the card, remove money from credit card account and lodge it to my current account.
    3) If I do the latter, I can only withdraw €700 a day to lodge! So I would have to return to my bank 3 times to facilitate this, I do not have the luxury of time to do this.
    4) Pay overdraft charges, and then fees for withdrawing the cash from my credit card if I choose to do this.

This is ridiculous!

I now have no access to cash,and I don't know when I will. I have a savings account but does not have a bank card, so anything I transfer across will just pay off that balance, but I don't have enough to cover the minus balance. To get the bus to work tomorrow I have had to borrow cash from my neighbour, as I do not wish to withdraw from my credit card account and get charged. Thankfully I could use that to purchase groceries this evening.

I am strongly considering moving my accounts to another bank now because of this, I have friends who work at other banks who said their customers would not be left in such a situation. 

Question: Why is it that my account was able to transfer more cash than was available in my account to my credit card account. I thought you could only transfer available funds. If I wanted to withdraw more money than was in my account I would not be able.

Is there any way this can be rectified as I am facing sleepless nights with no available cash unless I explain this to a family member or friend to borrow and I should not have to do this.

Please Help.
    Good afternoon superhoopess,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Firstly, can I just say that we are very sorry to hear of the situation this has left you in. We are currently liaising with the Premier Banking team to have this resolved for you asap. Could you please send us a Private Message with your full name, contact number and account holding branch and we we will get back to you urgently.

Many thanks,

Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 superhoopess

Hi Richie,

I was in with Cliona in the Grand Canal Dock today and she was really helpful. So I am just waiting to get some information from her and I will be back in touch if needed.

Thanks,

Karen

Advertisement