Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logan **Spoilers from post 212**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I really like those posters they have up for it in cineworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bacchus wrote: »
    Stop watching them?

Yeah easier said then done lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Bebopclown

I can't believe that I'm actually looking forwards to this. I didn't like the first two movies at all but the trailers for this are far better than anything in the other movies. Not to mention I've spoken to people who have seen it and have been told it's phenomenal, the best Xmen movie to date, the embargo on reviews ends soon so we should start seeing some soon.

So far there is 26 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and all of them are positive.
    This is like Deadpool for me, my friends won't go to superhero movies with me cause they don't really like them but the 15 cert on Deadpool got them all to go see that one and now the higher rating on Logan is getting them interested in seeing that one.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/logan_2017

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just saw this. I'm not even a comic book movie fan but this is a bloody great film. Think fans are gonna love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is an end credit stinger.

Funny enough. We all waited last night to see. And the lights stayed down for ages.
    No scene.
    Read this morning that the extra scene was cut from previews to stop it gettin leaked.
    Ragin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭conor222

Saw it last night, Very very enjoyable.
    Annoying the stinger was left out but what can you do.

My friend who went with me (who had sworn off superhero films) thought it was brilliant too.
    Highly advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Saw it at the same screening as Conor222 and david75 I imagine in the Savoy on Monday night, really enjoyed it. I hope this will be, for action fans sanity, another one of those transformative moments where studios realise that different takes on genres can still be profitable and garner critical praise (96% IMDB, 91% Rotten Tomato with a 8.1/10 critic rating). I'll go see this a second time when it releases normally with one of my family and see if I still feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Caught up on The Wolverine last night having missed it previously - what a ridiculously bland film. It's the definition of meh. I really hope Logan lives up to the hype because Jackman deserves to go out on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Watched Days of Future past on telly last night, it really has me in the mood for some more wolverine.

Id forgotten what a solid film it is, the downside of which is that it highlights how the overall quality of the franchise varies wildly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Interesting promotional tie-in: Hydraulic Press vs. Adamantium:

(contains some English swearing in a Finnish accent)

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

9YFkVAq.png

Thought Google was messed up when I searched for showtimes for this tonight...

Didn't think they'd be so clever as to use "X:23"pm as the "midnight launch" equivalent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Thought this was a 15A and bought tickets to bring my nephew to see it tomorrow in the IMAX.. he's eleven, same as Logan's daughter, but he's too young to see her fight!

Dammit.

Thought this was a 15A and bought tickets to bring my nephew to see it tomorrow in the IMAX.. he's eleven, same as Logan's daughter, but he's too young to see her fight!

Dammit.

Sure he'll get in if he has an adult with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You reckon? As wasn't sure how strict they are when it comes to 16 cert films.

You reckon? As wasn't sure how strict they are when it comes to 16 cert films.

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Most cinema's wouldn't care these days anyway.

Are the avengers and guardians of the galaxy and xmen all in the same universe?
    At the same time?

Why don't we see them all Buddy up and fight evil together?

david75 wrote: »
    At the same time?

Fox owns X-Men and Fantastic 4 movie rights. So they won't be in the same movie universes for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

david75 wrote: »
    At the same time?

Infinity wars... GOTG confirmed for it ... prob no x-men but I believe that Hugh Hackman said he'd reprise the role for an Avengers movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not always. The brother was going to see Hacksaw Ridge a few weeks back with his son who is very intelligent and very mature for a 13 year old but they said he was too young. It really depends on the staff in the cinema at the time and if they know you are a regular that can help too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I enjoyed that but it was very grim.. Didn't feel at all like an x men movie.

There was a f*cktard talking throughout it so I might of enjoyed it more had they gone to a cafe.

I hope this movie cleans up so we get more movies like it.

Oh and there's no after credits scene so don't waste your time sitting around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Just seen it in Galway. Brilliant show. The film cut out about 20mins from the end which was a bit of a bummer, got it back up and running after about 10mins. These things happen now and again so it's no biggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just back. It was good. Damn that violence was something to behold! :eek:

lol though..
    let's throw in some boob just in case we don't get the R-Rating
    :D

Some plot holes
    that I don't think took away from the film were where yer wan "who cares" just filmed a kid jumping off the building and later gets whalloped by the other kid .. or else had given her top secret camera away... I dunno.

Also the big one... they wanted to kill the kids, then they wanted to catch em alive... so they could round em up and kill em?.. again.. I dunno

I didn't
    feel the death scenes like I think they were trying to get across. I thought the Professor X scene was a dream someone was gonna wake from so it didn't hit home. The wolverine one hadn't invested enough in the story their relationship for enough meaning to be there. They were done well, I just didn't connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That poster was mad spoilery :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Going to see this evening cannot wait!

I thought it was pretty great, definitely needed the 15 age rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just out of this myself.

absolutely outstanding. took em 3 goes but they finally made a decent wolverine film.

8.5 outta 10 from me.

owes a massive debt to deadpool IMO, as others have said its a rough 16s and i couldntve seen it being made without the ground laid by reynolds flick.

heres hoping other flicks go down the same route too. Fitting end to jackmans stint in the role should they choose to leave it at this.

I just saw this and I'm quite pissed off. Why couldn't the other two movies have been like this? This one is awesome! Solid 9/10. I used to think the second movie was just ok but after seeing this, **** that movie, this is what they should have been doing since the first Wolverine movie. Emotional, intense, violent as Hell. It's very rare that a third movie is the only one in the series worth watching but that's what this is.
    It's a shame that Jackson said he won't be returning because after seeing this, I want to see movie of his brutal Wolverine. It really sucks that they're only now deciding to go all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just such a pity the on screen violence that we all wanted to see from Wolverine comes in Jackmans final appearance It would have been great to see that violence with Jackman in his prime.

Really enjoyed it I must say and as above they/we owe a huge thanks to Reynolds and Deadpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen this today and while I agree it is very dark and grim but there is also some very funny parts in it too. It does not feel like an X-Men movie it feels like a Logan/Wolverine movie which is what it is.
    Patrick Stewart is fantastic in it too think he should get an Oscar next year for his part. It is most definitely a 16s rated movie do.
    If you have a child or a teen there is a lot of violence gory violence in this they don,t hold back. So you really want to be very sure that your ok with it and that they understand its not real before you let them see it. I could see some having nightmares after some of the stuff that is in it.
    I also waited till the very end after all the credits which was not really that long and there was no after credits scene as said already by another poster.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Saw it tonight and its the best film set in the X men universe. I never pay any attention to all these alternate time lines and I don't read comics but I do enjoy science fiction and fantasy books. Patrick Stewart was excellent, his best X men film by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Damn, that was a good film!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Fantastic. One of the most gripping and viceral movies I've seen for a while. Lots of gruesome, bloody action, it was like John Wick for X Men! Great acting however from Jackman and Stewart, and the little girl was great too, even though usually I find those kind of roles annoying. Stephen Merchant was a surprise too, would've liked to have seen more of him.

I thought the
    Logan clone was terrifying! Completely unhinged raving lunatic, and the Logan V Logan fight scenes were great.
    I too was expecting the
    killing of Xavier to be a dream

Lot of things I wasn't expecting, like when
    the Logan clone killed the black kid, that was like "oh so that's how this is going down!" There was no let up.

Quite a lot more unexpected moments too, it doesn't follow your standard action movie tropes - things happen suddenly that you aren't expecting to.

If this is the last Wolverine movie (
    and the ending makes that pretty obvious)
    , what a high to go out on. Makes me want to go back to the first one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Makes me want to go back to the first one now.

Don't, please, just don't. Focus on the positive, i.e. Logan and not the negative, i.e. the other wolverine films.

Evac101 wrote: »
    Don't, please, just don't. Focus on the positive, i.e. Logan and not the negative, i.e. the other wolverine films.

No, I meant the first X-Men film. "X-Men 1" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Saw it last night and loved it up until the last 20 mins or so
    When they killed off Xavier and Caliban (we didn't see enough of him) it started dragging a bit, with repetitive fight scenes at the end. It needed a few more adult mutants too to keep it more interesting. Would like to have seen a twist ending too, something like Magneto turning up to give the new mutant kids a home. Also didn't think it was necessary to kill off Wolverine; it would have been nicer to set him up as the Charles Xavier for the new generation, building a school etc. There could have been some mutant kid with healing powers that restored Logan to his former health...also I didn't like the no music at the end; bit pretentious. It's a comic book movie...lighten up!
    I thought Jackman, Stewart and Stephen Merchant were excellent, the rest were okay. It did miss a real central bad guy...Richard E.Grant was not that menacing, or unhinged. The first two hours of it flew by, it was one of the most entertaining movies I have seen in a long time (infinitely better than John Wick 2...why did I go to see that muck? :D). I'd give it 5/5 for the first 2 hours, and overall 4/5.

Hmmm I think I'll go see this tonight. I don't really like comic book films but this sounds like a departure from the usual nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Victor wrote: »
    Eh? That's the official border crossing . The official border wasn't being used. They would have simply been stopped at the official border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Seen it earlier today. It's good but I really didn't like the x23 character at all. I remember talk of there being an x23 movie later on, well count me out. Very boring.

The film does feel a bit slow after the opening 10 minutes or so and again just before the finale, not bad at all by any stretch just you know what's coming at times and it's slow to get through those parts.

Overall its very good to great and I think the harder rating really fit this story well. It's very difficult to imagine that film working with a lower rating.

I loved how they worked in the X-men comics into this world and also the contempt Wolverine has for them.

A very strong start to 2017 for comic book films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

.also I didn't like the no music at the end; bit pretentious. It's a comic book movie...lighten up!

It had Johnny Cash 'when the man comes around' playing over the credits at the end. Not sure what happened in the screening you were at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It had Johnny Cash 'when the man comes around' playing over the credits at the end. Not sure what happened in the screening you were at.

Not just that, it was the comic book movie for adults. This was the point of the rating that it was trying to be different and unique. I am not saying it had to go the way it did, but the intention was to have no boundaries or limitations including the normal comicbook model.

A happy, lighthearted ending was not required to make this a better movie.

Like Watchmen, I think the tone , while grim, was a fresh departure from the
    normal comic book movies that wrap everything up nicely for the next movie. I
    was gutted for the character, but thought it was brilliant final words "So this
    is what it feels like" . . Boom theres the uplifting finish. Wolvey finally had
    a moment of feeling love and connected to another person who reciprictated that
    love and understood him completely (unlike Jean who couldn't have the same
    understanding of him as X-23).

Drumpot wrote: »
    Not just that, it was the comic book movie for adults. This was the point of the rating that it was trying to be different and unique. I am not saying it had to go the way it did, but the intention was to have no boundaries or limitations including the normal comicbook model.

A happy, lighthearted ending was not required to make this a better movie.

Like Watchmen, I think the tone , while grim, was a fresh departure from the
    normal comic book movies that wrap everything up nicely for the next movie. I
    was gutted for the character, but thought it was brilliant final words "So this
    is what it feels like" . . Boom theres the uplifting finish. Wolvey finally had
    a moment of feeling love and connected to another person who reciprictated that
    love and understood him completely (unlike Jean who couldn't have the same
    understanding of him as X-23).

It was hardly an uplifting ending.
    He died, leaving a bunch of kids stranded in the wilderness. One of those being his daughter. Not so uplifting for them.

Victor wrote: »

well that is rather different from what your original post seemed to take issue with - that
    the official border is a manned crossing point not a forest, as opposed to their general depiction of North Dakota being incorrect.

It was hardly an uplifting ending.
    He died, leaving a bunch of kids stranded in the wilderness. One of those being his daughter. Not so uplifting for them.
    What do you mean stranded? Do you think they were just playing hide and seek in the wood? They were, at maximum, 8 miles from their border crossing point to Canada, at which point they would be collected by the Canadian government and granted asylum. They had a specific plan to reach the safety of Canada and had confirmed that plan, with Canadain authorities, the day before they site off on the 8 mile trip through the forest. Logan was never part of the original plan and thus him being there are not has no impact on their ability to now complete it, with no one attempting to stop them at this point.

What do you mean stranded? Do you think they were just playing hide and seek in the wood? They were, at maximum, 8 miles from their border crossing point to Canada, at which point they would be collected by the Canadian government and granted asylum. They had a specific plan to reach the safety of Canada and had confirmed that plan, with Canadain authorities, the day before they site off on the 8 mile trip through the forest. Logan was never part of the original plan and thus him being there are not has no impact on their ability to now complete it, with no one attempting to stop them at this point.

Yes but as far as Logan was concerned,
    he left them stranded. Perhaps.
    Who knows. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well that was great. Hopefully they continue this universe in a similar violent way

Advertisement