Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Customer care is like Chat Roulette!!

Options
  • 05-10-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an issue with my account which I cant get resolved by numerous calls to 1901. What I am about to say it comical and hard to believe but it is happening!!

Back in September I noticed my bill increased in price. I rang to complain as I got no notifications to the increase as to which I was told I was sent a letter which I never got. There was another price increase 6 months earlier as to which I didn't get a letter either. I highly doubt it was an issue with An Post and due to a negative experience of dealing with customer care I decided to cancel my account. Eir offered me a retention package totaling €50 for 12months and it was a 18month contract also with a  €100 cashback. After the 12 months it would increase to €62. I accepted this offer. I immediately got an email with this offer and it would be processed within 2-3 weeks. This happened on the 7-8th of Sept.

Over 2 weeks later I received another "Welcome to Eir" email much like the retention offer but this was an 18 month contract but it was unlimited mobile and UK calls with fibre at €70 and increasing to €72 after 12 months. When I got home I immediately tried to ring Eir. I noticed my phone line was disconnected. I then had to use my mobile and the automated service didn't recognise the phone number but I was eventually put through to a care agent who said my line was disconnected for 2 years. I can only assume he was looking at the old account before the eFibre switch. To sum up I went through 4 agents (3 of which had no interest or courtesy to inform me when putting me on hold which meant I had to explain my entire story from scratch. The last agent saw the 2 packages and said the person who signed me upto the €70 offer would be in Saturday and she would ring me on Saturday 24th and tidy up stuff. She never rang me!!

I then got some more energy and rang care on Sept 26th. I spoke to the best agent to date who created a trouble/escalation ticket for me and said the escalation team would contact me in 2-3 days. And guess what.....I never got a call! But on Friday Sept 30th I got a call from Eir to say someone would call to install a service for me. I asked was this in relation to the ticket. She said she was only a coordinator and had no access to systems. She said the technician would call on Tuesday Oct 4th. 

On Monday Oct 3rd I rang care again to ensure my account would be resolved along with the service. I went through 4 agents and spent 55 mins online and was assured by the agent everything would be fixed but said she would wait until my line was activated and tidy out the account then as it needed to be re-built. after which she would ring me after all was done and as what appears to be Eirs customer care procedure I didn't receive a call back.

No technician called on Tuesday 4th but my phone line was activated which was a part success but now I've a new number! and tonight I received a phone bill totaling €70.

So if you're still with me what I want/need to know:
     1. Will I get my original retention offer?
     2. How was there such a mess up and how was I signed up to a package that I never requested?
     3. Can I get my original phone number back?
     4. Can I get refunded for lack of phone service and wasted time online?
     5. why did several agents never ring me back, why did I have to do the chasing?

If you cant answer the above questions could you advise me what I should do next because I just don't know. Should I get my broadband elsewhere or go to Comreg or cancell my direct debit so Eir cant take any more money until all issues are resolved?

Thanks 
    Branch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Branch wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an issue with my account which I cant get resolved by numerous calls to 1901. What I am about to say it comical and hard to believe but it is happening!!

Back in September I noticed my bill increased in price. I rang to complain as I got no notifications to the increase as to which I was told I was sent a letter which I never got. There was another price increase 6 months earlier as to which I didn't get a letter either. I highly doubt it was an issue with An Post and due to a negative experience of dealing with customer care I decided to cancel my account. Eir offered me a retention package totaling €50 for 12months and it was a 18month contract also with a  €100 cashback. After the 12 months it would increase to €62. I accepted this offer. I immediately got an email with this offer and it would be processed within 2-3 weeks. This happened on the 7-8th of Sept.

Over 2 weeks later I received another "Welcome to Eir" email much like the retention offer but this was an 18 month contract but it was unlimited mobile and UK calls with fibre at €70 and increasing to €72 after 12 months. When I got home I immediately tried to ring Eir. I noticed my phone line was disconnected. I then had to use my mobile and the automated service didn't recognise the phone number but I was eventually put through to a care agent who said my line was disconnected for 2 years. I can only assume he was looking at the old account before the eFibre switch. To sum up I went through 4 agents (3 of which had no interest or courtesy to inform me when putting me on hold which meant I had to explain my entire story from scratch. The last agent saw the 2 packages and said the person who signed me upto the €70 offer would be in Saturday and she would ring me on Saturday 24th and tidy up stuff. She never rang me!!

I then got some more energy and rang care on Sept 26th. I spoke to the best agent to date who created a trouble/escalation ticket for me and said the escalation team would contact me in 2-3 days. And guess what.....I never got a call! But on Friday Sept 30th I got a call from Eir to say someone would call to install a service for me. I asked was this in relation to the ticket. She said she was only a coordinator and had no access to systems. She said the technician would call on Tuesday Oct 4th. 

On Monday Oct 3rd I rang care again to ensure my account would be resolved along with the service. I went through 4 agents and spent 55 mins online and was assured by the agent everything would be fixed but said she would wait until my line was activated and tidy out the account then as it needed to be re-built. after which she would ring me after all was done and as what appears to be Eirs customer care procedure I didn't receive a call back.

No technician called on Tuesday 4th but my phone line was activated which was a part success but now I've a new number! and tonight I received a phone bill totaling €70.

2. How was there such a mess up and how was I signed up to a package that I never requested?

If you cant answer the above questions could you advise me what I should do next because I just don't know. Should I get my broadband elsewhere or go to Comreg or cancell my direct debit so Eir cant take any more money until all issues are resolved?

Thanks 
    Branch
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Branch,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I’m so sorry to hear of your experience to date. This is definitely not the experience we aim to offer and I will have feedback relayed to all agents and departments involved.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]In order to answer these questions I would need your account number, can you PM me this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Branch

Hi,

Thanks 
    Branch
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I’m so sorry to hear of your experience to date. This is definitely not the experience we aim to offer and I will have feedback relayed to all agents and departments involved.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]In order to answer these questions I would need your account number, can you PM me this?[/font]

Hi Pamela,

When will you know as to when Eir can or if possible rectify all the issues they created? Just I need this done ASAP as I will be cancelling my direct debit before Eir can take more out if the service shows no sign of being fixed as I don't want to be at the loss of any more money.

Thanks
    Branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Thanks 
    Branch

Hi Pamela,

When will you know as to when Eir can or if possible rectify all the issues they created? Just I need this done ASAP as I will be cancelling my direct debit before Eir can take more out if the service shows no sign of being fixed as I don't want to be at the loss of any more money.

Thanks
    Branch
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand the urgency [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Branch,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm looking into this now and will be back to you shortly. [/font]

Advertisement