Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do e-juices go off?

• 05-10-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get back to vaping and buying a kit but I have a few bottles of juice from a couple of years ago. I'm just wondering if they have an expiry date/okay to use now, or do I need to re-order more?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

To varying degrees yes, it will depend on the quality of ingredients and how they were stored.

You could always try them but they will probably taste like muck. I'd say do yourself a favour and get something nice and tasty that will keep you off the cigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Afaik, flavourings have very good shelf life, up to 5 years or even more. So it comes down to the shelf life of VG/PG and the nicotine really. I've read varying recommendations - seems if the liquids have been well stored [cool dark cupboard, not opened] they may be good for a couple of years. But, once opened, and exposed to the elements, their life span decreases significantly. I'd just buy some fresh juice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

I would say yes definitely they do, and more so the high PG juices the VG not as bad but best thing to do is not use them after a year or so and get new stuff after all Juice is relatively inexpensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Some definitely go off more than others. I store my juice in a locked drawer. I have quite a collection of stuff that I don't use. I'm not quite sure why I just don't chuck them. Some of the older juices are almost black in colour, mostly the sweeter based juices.

I also have some Dr Stanley Clarkes Snake Oil, which is pretty bad to the taste now, must be a couple of years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I find the darker the juice, the more likely it'll go 'stale' rather than off, quicker.

I chucked some DIY juices recently that were a good few months old, tested them and the flavour had just faded, or gone 'weird'. They were all dark, chocolate mixes. Whereas i have some clear/amber mixes a few months on that taste great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement