Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They suffered on the cross but rose again.. Lenny, Rob and Alek's 16/17 cross thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

daragh_ wrote: »
    Right here.

Much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Alek wrote: »
    Tomorrow's FIXX race looks like going to be fun, especially for the A race:

399135.JPG

Did you not read the article above?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ah c'mon! That's tomorrow, not in 2 weeks, all I wanted to say is put your mud tyres on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ah c'mon! That's tomorrow, not in 2 weeks, all I wanted to say is put your mud tyres on ;)

Look at all that sunshine.......slicks it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Put a sock in it, Cassandra.

• Advertisement

Whatever, see you there :)

nn20130530a6a-870x471.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Just back from the Kilternan race.Major points:
    Punctured on my practice lap.
    Spare tube was also punctured.
    Cold, wet.
    Turns out I can't see that well in the dark.
    Or cycle very well in the mud.
    Quit after lap 1.

Good times!! seriously thanks to all involved in organizing, night races are cool .Well I suspect they are if you have working eyes:-)

I have to admit that first lap was very confusing, couldn't see the terrain, lots of moving shadows and other rider's lights around you, but it went much better after the initial crowd has dispersed.

Very muddy, super slippery in places! The wooded singletrack was a bambi on ice adventure.

Great course, brilliant organization as always, except maybe for the number on the left / right shoulder disinformation, but that was more funny than annoying.

My first race in the dark, did not do my best but still enjoyed it immensively.

Lenny decided to go for a run instead. Triathlon forum awaits!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sorry I missed it but hoping to ride in Belfast next week, B race full but planning to embarrass my self in the A .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That was great craic. Nice to finally have some mud.
    Well done to all involved.

• Advertisement

Please don't comment on my starting skills. I know it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Any Kilternan photos up yet?

I've seen a blurry one of me so far, criminal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Kilternan CX was good fun, muddy in parts - mostly the bottom bracket area!

The 2016/7 version of the lap is better I think, removing the bottom end of the lower field was a good move, it was very cloggy.
    The racing was very good, plenty of elbows and marginally dodgy overtaking moves in the first two laps and hard steady application thereafter. I really need more of that controlled aggression/fast start stuff, I was on the wrong side of about 6 overtaking into corners moves in the first 3 minutes.

It was novel to be racing in the dark but for me it wasn't worth all the extra effort and expense the lads must have had to put in. When the gun goes you are racing and that's it. Wet or dry, dark or day, you just adapt and get on with it. A good course and good racing is plenty (which we got)

What happened to Robin Seymour - I'm guessing a mechanical?

colm18 wrote: »
    What happened to Robin Seymour - I'm guessing a mechanical?

Rear mech

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was great craic. Really enjoyed the mud and the organisation was top notch - thanks everyone.

The highlight for me is being listed as last in Stickybottle. Fame at last. :cool:

daragh_ wrote: »
    That was great craic. Really enjoyed the mud and the organisation was top notch - thanks everyone.

The highlight for me is being listed as last in Stickybottle. Fame at last. :cool:

I was so sh*t I'm not even listed in the provisional results :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nevskin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Navan_Road_Club_CX_2016_rd2_zpsx9jeykok.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Got my Reports from Fixx Round 1 and Navan Round 1 finished.
    They're the abridged version of the "CrosstoberFest" post that I wrote on the Orwell Site.
    As usual, they're tongue in cheek, avoid if easily offended.

• Advertisement

They're the abridged version of the "CrosstoberFest" post that I wrote on the Orwell Site.

'Some Dad was loudly criticising his daughter’s cadence' - that made me snort :pac:

Permission to share it on Navan RC page? Thanks, great write up. The track is already running softer, so some of the washboarding has gone...

Thanks

#repost

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Bray Wheelers presents, Killruddery CX GP, November 27th!!

Pulling out ALL STOPS!!!

Online Registration, details, hot dogs to follow..

https://facebook.com/BrayWheelersCC?fref=ts

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Any Kilternan photos up yet?

I've seen a blurry one of me so far, criminal!

I think you can find a bit sharper yourself on a few here: :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/gareth.gibbons/media_set?set=a.10209815290912698.1073741910.1045003455&type=3&pnref=story

Just a heads up on anyone planning to do a CX spin in Phoenix Park this Sunday the 30th Oct. Or is planning on driving to the north from the city.
    The marathon will be on, this is the route -> https://www.strava.com/routes/6271125

You have two options: 1. Bitch and Moan, 2. Deal with it. :P

Fixx Race 3: Glenncullen Bike Park Golf Club Hybrid entry at 12:00 High-Noon -> https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/race316/index.html

Dry fast course in Mallow there on Sunday. Very well organised, big overbridge feature, easy to get to from Dublin, lap times from 5:15 upwards. The weather has been freaky. Dust was being raised on the wooded sections.

Robin Seymour, Evan Ryan and Niall Davis came down and took the spoils in the mens.

Robin gave everyone a sporting chance by losing over a minute on lap one with some tape wrapped around his rear mech. Fiona Meade flying the flag for local honour in the womens race gave no such hope to the other women.

As is now traditional the winner of the B race can be called a banger and gets an upgrade to the A's next time out :)

EPIC MTB Announced more details on their race on the 20th of November.

More Detailed Information on the EPIC MTB Forum

Essentially:
    100 riders per race.
    10 am - Youth Races
    11 am - Women
    12 am - B Race
    1pm - A Race and Juniors

From my deductions ("Limited Parking ... Super Valu Overflow Parking") this looks like the Entrance: Along the R114 @ 53°16'59.1"N 6°20'27.0"W.

Online sign-up opening on Monday.
    Keep an eye on their Facebook Event for it: EPIC CX.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Any recommendations for racing tyres? or should I start another thread. Looking for good all rounders, jack of all trades accepting they will be master of none.

Advertisement