Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They suffered on the cross but rose again.. Lenny, Rob and Alek's 16/17 cross thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Schwalbe X-One if you're looking for tubeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

how did people get on at navan? I ended up going out to watch the rugby and was still drunk the next morning :(

Is it the golf course this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

lennymc wrote: »
    how did people get on at navan? I ended up going out to watch the rugby and was still drunk the next morning :(

Is it the golf course this weekend?

Navan was bumpy. My back still hates me.

It is indeed the golf course soon to be bike park Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Epic CX Entry is open - Entry.

Navan RC Planet X CX Series Round 3: Leinster Champs is also available on the CI Site, but nothing has been announced regarding the event yet.

Navan RC Planet X CX Series Round 3: Leinster Champs is also available on the CI Site, but nothing has been announced regarding the event yet.
    Looks like no separate women's race for Leinster Champs - pity as it might mean a number of women choose to head to Ulster again instead.

• Advertisement

Looks like no separate women's race for Leinster Champs - pity as it might mean a number of women choose to head to Ulster again instead.

nak wrote: »

I did say: but nothing has been announced regarding the event yet. Please wait two weeks to see. It clearly says "Elite,BRace,Women,Junior,Youth,U23,M40,M50,M60". They'll announce a poster with times closer to the event.

Note: I am not associated with Navan RC, I was just trying being nice to notify people.

I did say: but nothing has been announced regarding the event yet. Please wait two weeks to see. It clearly says "Elite,BRace,Women,Junior,Youth,U23,M40,M50,M60". They'll announce a poster with times closer to the event.

Note: I am not associated with Navan RC, I was just trying being nice to notify people.
    My assumption was based on the online entry on the CI website. It's either A or B race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My assumption was based on the online entry on the CI website. It's either A or B race.

The online entry hasn't been right, it was a single entry a few weeks ago that led to some confusion. People weren't sure if it was an A or a B race they had entered!

I have to say I'm loving the Navan series: the guy who runs the coffee company who turns out and serves some amazing brews, the planet-x ireland involvement, the local community really getting behind it and having the event run in the park alongside american football, kids out on their balance bikes.

The course is a lot of fun, yeah it's bumpy as hell and my back starts seizing up on the final lap, but it's tough and technical in parts, without feeling like it's beyond the average cross rider. It's nice getting to come back to the same course and see if you can nail that section that you just couldn't quite get right the first time.

And the beer bear, come on! The man is a legend!

Rough morning (crash at J6 (not me) and a fire alarm), didn't mean to snap.
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    The online entry hasn't been right, it was a single entry a few weeks ago that led to some confusion. People weren't sure if it was an A or a B race they had entered!

Gracias.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

I can deduce from that statement you weren't there on Sunday as there was provision for a Womens race as there will be for the Leinster Championships.

Sign on through CI for the Champs will be a bit clearer, the transfer of info between online sign on and timing software can be somewhat tedious....working to best sort it out and an official announcement will be made later this week.

The course itself needs a good watering which we are getting today, trust me with mud thrown in its a very different course :D

Thanks for all the positive input, its great to hear after months and months of work in the background by the Club to get to this stage....

I can deduce from that statement you weren't there on Sunday as there was provision for a Womens race as there will be for the Leinster Championships.

Sign on through CI for the Champs will be a bit clearer, the transfer of info between online sign on and timing software can be somewhat tedious....working to best sort it out and an official announcement will be made later this week.

The course itself needs a good watering which we are getting today, trust me with mud thrown in its a very different course :D

Thanks for all the positive input, its great to hear after months and months of work in the background by the Club to get to this stage....

I was there, we were in the B race which I have no problem with it when it's not a championship event. Didn't get my name listed in the results as a woman though sadly. I don't expect provision of a separate race when the numbers don't allow for it, guess we're just used to being spoiled getting a separate race from the men these days. Enjoyed the race and it was well organised.
    The course will ride much better after a good watering, everywhere is bone dry at the moment. It wasn't a criticism - my back is just getting soft after a summer of riding a full sus MTB. Fantastic to have a facility there where different types of cycling are being actively encouraged. Other local authorities could learn from that model.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

I have to say I'm loving the Navan series: the guy who runs the coffee company who turns out and serves some amazing brews, the planet-x ireland involvement, the local community really getting behind it and having the event run in the park alongside american football, kids out on their balance bikes.

The course is a lot of fun, yeah it's bumpy as hell and my back starts seizing up on the final lap, but it's tough and technical in parts, without feeling like it's beyond the average cross rider. It's nice getting to come back to the same course and see if you can nail that section that you just couldn't quite get right the first time.

And the beer bear, come on! The man is a legend!

Agree with this in its entirety :)

Dirk rode a superb race as well and looked fast and smooth as he lapped me (b*stard ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Really enjoyed Navan, my fist CX event and unfortunately i crashed out on last lap. Hoping i can make the next edition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Trying to decide whether to race Gelncullen or Larne this weekend..

I remember not that long ago there would be week after week with no races at all.

Cross in Ireland is definitely on the up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You could make a CX weekend of it and hit Cork to race on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Has to be Glencullen. You cant miss the chance to push lenny into a sand bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

detones wrote: »
    Has to be Glencullen. You cant miss the chance to push lenny into a sand bunker.

list of enemies ++

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

lennymc wrote: »
    list of enemies ++

:)

Gonna be a tough day for ya Lenny!
    Ah, looking forward to this, seems there have been quite a few tweaks to the course from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Another great race from FIXX and Expert cycles today, I think that Glencullen is going to become a great facility for off-road cycling, similar to what Corkagh Park has done for the road scene!

The detail on the course was superb, plenty of thought put into every meter of it and you were switched on for the entire lap.

I don't like to criticize these events, because they are run by volunteers who are far more passionate about cycling than I am, but the lack of consistency between rounds was a bit annoying today. There was gridding in round 2, but no gridding today. Why?

It doesn't excuse my own poor preparation which meant I started at the back and had lost any chance of getting up in the mix before the whistle went. Disappointing, but that's racing really.

The youth and kid races are a great addition, it's wonderful to see so many families are able to come out now and participate rather than just watch.

• Advertisement

Gridding in a B race Dirk....
    Tut Tut

JPow's Book of Cross is back with Chapter 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTp_KiyANJs

It's no Behind the Barriers TV, but it's still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Sat this one out. Looked like a great course.

Did yiz see this bit of amazing bike handling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chris EPIC

Hi Folks

Chris here from EPIC MTB. Firstly thanks for including our event on this tread. However it is in Dodder Riverbank Park in Firhouse (Across from the Spaeker Connolly Pub) and not Tymon park so I would be grateful if the moderators could change this to avoid any confusion.

The course is shaping up nicely and it is in great shape a head of this weekends race. We have included some excellent features such as the double half pipe and the WALL climb/run.

More information on the EPIC MTB website and Facebook page. Entry's for the B race are filling up but still good availability in the A and woman's race.

Any other questions fire them out there and I'll do my best to answer them. Hope to see you on Sunday for a great Day of cx.
    Cheers Chris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Check if it reads OK now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

JPow's Book of Cross is back with Chapter 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTp_KiyANJs

It's no Behind the Barriers TV, but it's still good.
    "It was 100% effort, but didn't match the result"
    Pretty much sums up every CX race I enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chris EPIC

Perfect Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Plastik

Online entry to Killruddery is now open https://fs27.formsite.com/BrayWheelers/form1/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

Chris EPIC wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Chris here from EPIC MTB. Firstly thanks for including our event on this tread. However it is in Dodder Riverbank Park in Firhouse (Across from the Spaeker Connolly Pub) and not Tymon park so I would be grateful if the moderators could change this to avoid any confusion.

The course is shaping up nicely and it is in great shape a head of this weekends race. We have included some excellent features such as the double half pipe and the WALL climb/run.

More information on the EPIC MTB website and Facebook page. Entry's for the B race are filling up but still good availability in the A and woman's race.

Any other questions fire them out there and I'll do my best to answer them. Hope to see you on Sunday for a great Day of cx.
    Cheers Chris

Do ye have full use of the park for the event? i live nearby is why i ask -https://www.strava.com/activities/773369215 there are plenty of trails there which should make for an interesting course, although the area where the half pipes are is waterlogged! Some nice hills the other side of the new dodder bridge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I notice on the Epic website that entry is still open for all races this Sunday.Good opportunity for riders who sometimes cant get an entry for the b race.

Advertisement