Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird eye problem

• 05-10-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever come across anything like this before.. every couple of months Peach gets a weird ball of jelly in her eye. I've never seen anything like it before in a cat. It's not like the normal sleepy crust they get, it's a skin coloured or red lump, it doesn't weep from the corner, just sticks on the inside of her bottom eyelid on one eye. It doesn't seem to hurt her and she doesn't mind when I take it out, no redness or soreness around it, just her normal eye "sleep".
    Anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I've not seen it in her eye but I've noticed Squeak occasionally has dried red 'sleep' at one of her eyes. Never really thought much about it tbh! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Peach always gets that sleep too but imagine the gloop being about 5 times the size of normal sleep and in the middle of the eye. It's so disgusting and strange!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Oh, didn't realise you meant that big! Not seen it in my two but if it's not bothering her I wouldn't fret too much over it :)
    Could it perhaps be something like humans would get, wind in her eye or something? Maybe if you write down when she gets it you might see a pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

yes I have a ginger cat tom and he has this on a fairly regular basis

seems to be worse in the spring summer months may/sept rarely see it after this time frame

no weeping or anything else and doesn't seem to cause him any issues

Advertisement