Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheat grain flower

Options
  • 06-10-2016 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I wondering if any knows where I could find some wheat grain on its stem when it has flowered. I'm looking for it for costume jewellery. I hope I have explained myself.

Karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dollsears wrote: »
    I wondering if any knows where I could find some wheat grain on its stem when it has flowered. I'm looking for it for costume jewellery. I hope I have explained myself.

Karl

Flowered or seeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dollsears

Flowered or seeded?

I'm going to dress up as Worzel Gummidge, if you Google him and look at his eyebrows. That is what I'm looking for. I'm sorry I can't upload a pic of him. I hope this helps. Thanks

It's a ear of wheat you need. Any tillage farmer would give you some. Some dried flower arrangements include it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

More likely to be barley as it has longer "hairs".

More likely to be barley as it has longer "hairs".

Wurzel Gummage is depicted with wheat usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I'm not familiar with his work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Dollsears wrote: »

Karl
    How did you go from Worzel Gummidge to costume jewellery? When I read your post, I thought you were making something like silver jewellery using lost-wax casting.

Advertisement