Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting stuff.

• 06-10-2016 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Not sure if correct place or not..........but here I go.

If I want to post a small box within Ireland......... let's say the rough size and shape of this box is of a standard laptop.

is there such a thing as ringing up a courier and saying, I have a box to send, can you pick it up from my house and deliver it ?

Does this option even exist? And if so, is it just really expensive ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Try parceldirect . ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

obi604 wrote: »

If I want to post a small box within Ireland......... let's say the rough size and shape of this box is of a standard laptop.

is there such a thing as ringing up a courier and saying, I have a box to send, can you pick it up from my house and deliver it ?

Yes it will be expensive, and most couriers won't collect from a non-account customer. Plus it is not usually insured. You could have a look at Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

obi604 wrote: »

Why not An Post? Bring it to local office or in the greater Dublin area they have a collect and deliver service for €11
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Sending+Mail/Speed/Express+Post/Parcel+Collection+Service.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You can also try pacel2go, they collect from your address from €10.60

You need to drop to a shop or Locker if you use Parcel Connect from € 10.60 or Parcel motel for Small Locker (8 × 38 × 64 cm)/ Medium Locker (19 × 38 × 64 cm) if recipient uses parcel Motel it should be €4.50/€5.50 or to deliver to their home €5.50/€7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eleventy6

Yeah you should go for Parcel Direct. They only charge €6.85 for a small parcel with free collection.

Brilliant service, especially if you can't get out of the house or office, which happens to be both in my case

• Advertisement
Advertisement