Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice on social care reading material

• 06-10-2016 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Guys this is what i have to do!!
    Please pick one of the following areas:
    a) Addiction
    b) Residential Care for Children and young people
    c) Disability
    d) Childcare provision
    e) Mental health
    f) Homelessness

Provide a detailed description of the following;
    1) The role of the private, public and voluntary sector in providing welfare provision and services to your chosen group.

2) Clearly identify how the private, public and voluntary sector has developed historically in Ireland and explain how each sector is funded and regulated?
    3) Identify and discuss the particular needs of clients within your chosen group and describe how these needs are provided for by a public service provision, a private service and a voluntary service in your local area

Now First Off I Dont Want Any Help What So Ever of Any Kind (I of Couse Wont Say No)

What I Do Want Is Some Help in Resources. Can You Recomend Anything From the Web That May Help Me in the Right Direction (See Dont Mind Doing Some Work)

Its Just Everytime I Google I Come Up Woith Pages of Useless Garbage That Doesnt Help and I Am Hoping Some Good Soul Out There Can at the Very Least Say "Here Tony This Is a Very Good Website Give It a Read"

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

First step should be your institution library - see what they have there. Look for journals, books and industry publications. Some of the information will be in electronic format, so you should be able to access it from home.

As you are finding out, Google is utterly useless in these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Firstly- don't start every word with a capital when you are writing your report! You can use google Scholar to get journal articles. Pubmed also useful for this. Your university library would be a very good place to start too- they should have a librarian there to give you help with online searching. Good luck with your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Firstly- don't start every word with a capital when you are writing your report! You can use google Scholar to get journal articles. Pubmed also useful for this. Your university library would be a very good place to start too- they should have a librarian there to give you help with online searching. Good luck with your course.

I used convert case to return all my conversation to normal I forgot to turn off caps. I wasn't going to retype so convert case fixes it. forgot to adjust for sentence case

Advertisement