Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano spares

Options
  • 06-10-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Has anyone a suggestion how to get spare parts for an older shimano group set?

I picked up a winter hard tail that had an XTR set from 2006. Is the dual control brake and shifter and are missing the cable cover on both shifters.

It shifts and brakes as well as I need it but that won't continue as dirt will get into the housing.

Shifter code is M966 and shimano part code is Y-6GR98050 and Y-6GR98060 for the right and left covers.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I should add that I tried the cycle superstore who tried Maidson who said it's only available from Japan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

This place in Germany holds a very comprehensive stock of Shimano spares. However, the covers for the levers don't appear to be available.

Lots of Shimano bits and pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Thanks- I sourced them thru amazon Japan and they should arrive Tuesday . 1340 yen each!

Advertisement