Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Management Company

Options
  • 06-10-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have owned an apartment in a complex for the last 10 years or so. It has been rented out to tenants the entire time.

I don't attend the management companies AGMs as I was out of the country for most of that time but I do get the documentation etc.

A few years ago, we were informed that there was a legal case pending against the management company from one of the owners/or tenants. We were given no other information but we had to contribute an extra €200 or so on top of our management fee to cover that case, supposedly in case the person won the case.

We paid that for about 3 years as far as I know. For the past 9 months I have been in touch with the management company (more specifically the agents who the company pay to look after the complex, of which their directors are directors of the management company) by phone and e-mail a total of about 8 times asking whatever happened to that case.

Despite having read my e-mails they never reply to me. They haven't phoned me back either.

I feel that something is being hidden. There should be no reason why they cant explain that to me. I feel like sending them a solicitors letter to get them to explain but I feel this is ridiculously extreme. Especially as they are supposedly representing me, but won't give me answers.

Does anyone know the normal procedure for this? Is there a way to compel them to reply.
    How do I propose their removal from the board etc if it comes down to that?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I don't attend the management companies AGMs as I was out of the country for most of that time but I do get the documentation etc.

Does anyone know the normal procedure for this? Is there a way to compel them to reply.
    How do I propose their removal from the board etc if it comes down to that?

You should send them a registered letter, asking for information.

As for their removal - attend an AGM, propose their replacement (make sure you have at least two people ready to become directors), and then get the votes to elect new directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 avatarman

thanks. i had thought about a registered letter but presumed they still wouldn't reply. I'll do it anyways as a first step.

i don't know anyone else who are members of the management company so would currently struggle to get people on board.

do you know if I request addresses of members from the agent/management company, do they have to provide them to me?

Advertisement