Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i rent my property out?? legal issues regarding inheritance

Options
  • 06-10-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I inherited a property from my grandmother a number of years ago. The deeds are fully in my name but 1 of the conditions of the will was that my uncle would have a room in the house as long as he lives. I can only assume it was not left to him as he has alcohol issues.
    Recently my uncle suffered a stroke and has been in a nursing home for the past 6 months. I am thinking about renovating the house as it is sitting empty and renting it out. I want to know where I would stand legally with this and my uncles rights. Can I even allow somebody in to rent under these circumstances.
    It looks like he will be staying in the nursing home long term. However he is only in his 50's and may be able to move back home in a number of years. I assume he can return to the property as soon as he wishes. I worry about investing a lot of money in the property and not seeing any return in the future.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement