Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varity of apple query

Options
  • 06-10-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    we just purchased a house that has a decnet sized apple try in the back gardem, we dont know anything about looking after or promoting tress/ apples or even the timings from timming pruning etc.

My question is wouold any know what Varity of apple it is from the images i have attached?

also is there anything we can do now to help the tree for the winter and coming year ?

also the leaves and apples have a brown blight like making on them..

thanks for help.

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They look like Cox's Orange Pippin to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

They look like Cox's Orange Pippin to me.

they are pretty sour, huge amount of small apples,

hopefully we can cultivate the tree to get maximum bigger apples by trimming etc ?

new to all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

With a tree like that all that may be necessary is to thin the fruit to one apple per spur in late June or July.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

With a tree like that all that may be necessary is to thin the fruit to one apple per spur in late June or July.

sounds good, we have some over hanging branches going into neighbours garden, how drastic can you go when cutting bigger branches on one side of it?

the photo shows how much it is in their garden, this was early summer, and now the apples are falling into their garden

Advertisement