Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Permit UAE/Saudi Arabia

• 06-10-2016 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of applying for work visas in either of these countries? Especially as an independent contractor or self-employed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Especially as an independent contractor or self-employed?

I really don't think such a thing exists in that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I'd be interested in anyone's experience, currently I'm working for an Irish company, but would be interested in relocating to one of those countries while remaining with my current company.

You seem to be missing the point. To live in these countries, you need a visa. To get a visa, you need a work permit. To get a work permit, you need a local employer to sponsor you.

Unless you want to go down the route of setting up your own company, it's not doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You seem to be missing the point. To live in these countries, you need a visa. To get a visa, you need a work permit. To get a work permit, you need a local employer to sponsor you.

Unless you want to go down the route of setting up your own company, it's not doable.

To set up your own company you need a 'local' partner - or at least you did when I lived there

Dovies wrote: »
    To set up your own company you need a 'local' partner - or at least you did when I lived there

Yes. Still the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Does the company you work for do work in the region already? Often companies will get visa's through partner companies for employees not a straight forward option but it does happen. Also there is the option of free zone companies, depending on what you do it may or may not be feasible.

Advertisement